P&S Advice

gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
edited August 17, 2004 in Cameras
My son is looking to buy a digital camera around the $300 mark, I suggested an A85, any others I should consider

Thanks

Comments

• AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2004
    here's a good link for after you buy it....
    gubbs wrote:
    My son is looking to buy a digital camera around the $300 mark, I suggested an A85, any others I should consider

Thanks

some tips on shooting with most any p&s camera right here
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited August 12, 2004
    gubbs wrote:

Thanks
    That's an excellent camera. Is it the right size for him? Some like smaller. Great camera to grow into. Shame the Canon Powershot S1 is so expensive, he might like that huge zoom and IS.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited August 16, 2004
    Thanks, Andy & Sid, it came down to an ixus i / A85 / A80. We ended up buying an A80 for him on the weekend, he liked the swivel screen and it was about £40 cheaper than the A85. From what I've seen so far its a great little camera especially when you take the price into account.
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2004
    gubbs wrote:
    Thanks, Andy & Sid, it came down to an ixus i / A85 / A80. We ended up buying an A80 for him on the weekend, he liked the swivel screen and it was about £40 cheaper than the A85. From what I've seen so far its a great little camera especially when you take the price into account.

thumb.gif Great buy! Those swivel screens are extremely helpful - they allow you to do a lot of waist level shooting, which makes many shots more dramatic.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au