Options

Stuff, Stuff and Wanting New Stuff

StevenVStevenV Registered Users Posts: 1,174 Major grins
edited February 5, 2006 in Dgrin Forum Support
I use the New Stuff link. A lot. All the time. Sometimes it's frustrating, but maybe it's just me. Here's your chance to "edumacate" me please.

I log on, I click New Stuff, I see a list of threads, three pages full. I look at one from the first page. Then I get called to dinner. When I come back I click New Stuff again and there's only half a page of threads returned. Ack! But I didn't read all the others yet! (and yes, I'm OCD enough that I read every thread.)

Is there anything better than New Stuff?

Comments

• Options
    RhuarcRhuarc Registered Users Posts: 1,464 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2006
    I use this link all the time too. I think it would be neat if we could customize the way the new stuff button worked for each of us.

-As I read a thread on the list remove it from the list
    -As new posts are made add those threads to the list.
    -Have the option to select any forums you don't want to be on the list.

This is the way I would love for it to work. This way I would never miss a post on a forum that I wanted to see!
  • Options
    SamirDSamirD Registered Users Posts: 3,474 Major grins
    edited February 5, 2006
    This is a vbulletin feature that's based in cookies. Even though I own a vbulletin site, it's still a mystery sometimes how the site decides what I've read and what I haven't. ne_nau.gif

One way around this is to look at all the new posts/threads for a particular day. The link for the normal "New Stuff" is something like: http://www.digitalgrin.com/search.php?do=getnew&exclude=12,25,31. If you change the "getnew" to "getdaily", you will get a consistant list of new stuff for the day.

Like this: http://www.digitalgrin.com/search.php?do=getdaily&exclude=12,25,31. thumb.gif
    Pictures and Videos of the Huntsville Car Scene: www.huntsvillecarscene.com
    Want faster uploading? Vote for FTP!