Options

3 pics of my fish

MustangfreakMustangfreak Registered Users Posts: 7 Beginner grinner
edited August 21, 2004 in Wildlife
For a while Ive been trying to take some pics of my fish, but none of them turn out real well. But these are decent, but not the best.

Tiger Barb
tigerbarb.jpg
Green Barb
greenbarb.jpg

And R.I.P. Panda Cory Catfish :( I found him dead 5 mins ago :( I dunno why he died
pandacory.jpg

Comments

• Options
    SeamaidenSeamaiden Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2004
    Not too bad, though I think to get the good pix you're gonna have to just shoot a BUNCH, then cull. Sequential shooting might work well for you. Your lighting is very good, and if the fish were presenting themselves a bit better, and you have slightly better focus, those would be 'zine/bookworthy shots.

The panda cory looks too thin, and his fins appear shredded, those tiger barbs can do that. Pandas tend to be a bit on the fussy side, too, and must be directly fed (not left to scrounge for detritus, as far too many local fish shops - a.k.a. LFS - sell these catfishes for that purpose!).

And here I am, on hold with the Olympus Emporium trying to find out if I need the CLA-8 adapter tube so I can use a circular polarizer for our new Oly C8080, and the sumsofbeeches hung UP on me! GGRRRRR!!! We're leaving this MONDAY, and if I'm gonna do this, it's poop or get off the pot time.
    Youth and Enthusiasm
    Are No Match For
    Age and Treachery
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2004
    For a while Ive been trying to take some pics of my fish, but none of them turn out real well. But these are decent, but not the best.

Green Barb
    greenbarb.jpg

/QUOTE]

Hi there Mustangfreak,

Your pictures of the fish are real nice. You will get some haze from the water and the glass, but they actually look great. All they need is a little post processing. I tried curves and a little unsharp mask. Give it a try.
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • Options
    MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2004

Nice pics. If I may make some suggestions. The first thing I do is turn off all my pumps to decrease the turbulence in the water. A good cleaning of the aquarium glass is a must. You didn't mention the lighting you used. I like to hand hold my flash above and at an angle to avoid any glare and to better illuminate.

Above all take a lot of photos and throw most of them out!!

mitchthumb.gif
  • Options
    SeamaidenSeamaiden Registered Users Posts: 339 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2004
    Wow, snapapple, you are a WHIZ with cleaning stuff up so it doesn't necessarily look as though it's been touched up! Impressive! (Me like-y)
    Youth and Enthusiasm
    Are No Match For
    Age and Treachery
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited August 21, 2004
    Good job on the ps snap :D