Surfers....Steamer Lane....Santa Cruz

maczippymaczippy Registered Users Posts: 597 Major grins
edited August 23, 2004 in Sports
Shot yesterday....

Before the shark warnings that are emerging this week due to a larger than normal otter population and the upswell are pushing them into shore and thus the Great White (or "whitey" as they're know 'round these 'ere parts) will come close to shore to feed on those otters...

I'll post a few more later - all shot with Canon 1D/300 f2.8. No cropping just simple PS, in RAW saturation, contrast and colour/WB, converted sharpened a tad and saved for web...

surfer1_dgrin.jpg
::
surfer2_dgrin.jpg
surfer3_dgrin.jpg
surfer4_dgrin.jpg

Andrew :)
AutoMotoPhoto® Motorcycle Racing Photography
Next Race - MotoGP Donington
:ivar

Comments

• lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2004
    maczippy wrote:
    Shot yesterday....

Before the shark warnings that are emerging this week due to a larger than normal otter population and the upswell are pushing them into shore and thus the Great White (or "whitey" as they're know 'round these 'ere parts) will come close to shore to feed on those otters...

I'll post a few more later - all shot with Canon 1D/300 f2.8. No cropping just simple PS, in RAW saturation, contrast and colour/WB, converted sharpened a tad and saved for web...

Fabulous shot Andrew... I really like one and three clap.gif
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2004
    nice action shots, really good work. thanks for sharing.
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited August 19, 2004
    Great surfing shots, Andrew. Perhaps when you come in"doors", you could share a picture of the "door" with us over on the door thread.

In fact, you all come. After surfing, Doors are good! Windows will work, too. And roofs, if you all feel the need to get higher.
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,694 moderator
    edited August 19, 2004
    maczippy wrote:
    Shot yesterday....

surfer1_dgrin.jpg
    surfer2_dgrin.jpg
    surfer3_dgrin.jpg
    surfer4_dgrin.jpg

What were you shooting from? Helicopter? Or a larger surface vessel? Too high to be from a surfboard I betcha? Nice work!
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2004
    Who'd a thunk a 300 could get you that close? I especially like #1. Nice work, sir.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Steve CaviglianoSteve Cavigliano Super Moderators Posts: 3,599 moderator
    edited August 23, 2004
    Andrew,

These are really good. It looks like you shot them from above, at Lighthouse Point. What time of day did you shoot these? The angle of the Sun in SC is so strange, it alsmost seems like you are shooting into the Sun all day long :-)

Anyhow, I really enjoyed these.

Steve
    SmugMug Support Hero