Options

Photography Magazines

PerezDesignGroupPerezDesignGroup Registered Users Posts: 395 Major grins
edited August 24, 2004 in Technique
I would like to get an idea what Magazine, if any, is most credible for the Intermediate to Advanced Photographer. I see a lot of photography magazines out there but they look more like advertisements than content. (PCPhoto for example). So, are there any magazines you would recommend or have found useful in the past?
Canon Digital Rebel | Canon EOS 35mm | Yashica Electro GSN | Fed5B | Holga 35 MF

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2004
    I would like to get an idea what Magazine, if any, is most credible for the Intermediate to Advanced Photographer. I see a lot of photography magazines out there but they look more like advertisements than content. (PCPhoto for example). So, are there any magazines you would recommend or have found useful in the past?

artistic - american photo and black&white magazine outstanding imo, both of them.

technical - british mag called "what digital camera" - great sections on photoshop and paintshop pro as well as lots of gear talk.

photoshop user - the magazine of the napp - nat'l association of photoshop users. $99 per year membership, free mag + many benefits. or, $10 a copy for the magazine.
  • Options
    damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2004
    Digital Photo
  • Options
    SeeMoonSeeMoon Banned Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2004
    'Digital Photographer' from the UK; the only mag i keep and look back into for info. Monthly CD with PS-tutorials etc.
  • Options
    zero-zerozero-zero Registered Users Posts: 147 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2004
    If you'll take one aimed at pros, look at PDN (Photo District News). Terrific value for me. I keep my subscription even in these times of online information.

www.pdn-pix.com