Options

Announcing: SmugSales Basic

luke_churchluke_church Registered Users Posts: 507 Major grins
Hi All,

Just to let you know, I've now wrapped the very simple SmugSales analysis spreadsheet into a package and stuck it on a website...

Available right here: http://www.smugtools.com/SmugSales/Download.htm

And the 2 minute tutorial: http://www.smugtools.com/SmugSales/Tutorial.htm

Key features:

-> Free :):
-> Profit vs timeline chart + table
-> Profit vs Album chart + table
-> Sales vs Album chart + table
-> All done in Excel, very flexible

For Windows users, there is an additional tool that automatically gets a full list of galleryIDs vs Galleries.

But the spreadsheet is available to all users who can talk to Excel...

Please note that this software was put together fairly quickly, and should be considered to be early-BETA grade. There probably will be bugs, please report them here, and I'll do my best to help.

This is not the end of the line, product updates will be delivered to make this better. SmugSales Standard or something along those lines will be released in summer 2006.

I've tried pretty hard to make sure that it won't do anything stupid, like transmit your password unencrypted, or delete anything on the hard disk...

So please, take a look, let me know what you think, and how it could be improved. I'm looking forwards to your suggestions.

All the best,

Luke

Comments

• Options
    edited February 17, 2006
    First bug caught and killed. Under certain circumstances incorrect User login details were met in the AlbumExtractor by an exception and tear down, rather than an error message.

As I warned, the error messages may not be helpful in this somewhat primitive version :):

Please download a new copy of the zip file, containing the updated executable

Cheers,

Luke

PS. Thanks go to Tom for helping squash that one...
  • Options
    ExposeTheMomentExposeTheMoment Registered Users Posts: 271 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2006
    Use Of Smugmug Not Allowed
    First bug caught and killed. Under certain circumstances incorrect User login details were met in the AlbumExtractor by an exception and tear down, rather than an error message.

As I warned, the error messages may not be helpful in this somewhat primitive version :):

Please download a new copy of the zip file, containing the updated executable

Cheers,

Luke

PS. Thanks go to Tom for helping squash that one...

See thread

http://www.digitalgrin.com/showthread.php?t=9093
    Gary Harfield
    Owner/Photographer
    Expose The Moment

Had a list of gear, now its to long, so lets say I have 2 bags and 15,000 worth of stuff.
  • Options
    edited February 18, 2006
    Hi Gary,

Thanks for the pointer, I have considered this already...

If you look through the thread that you linked to, you'll find at one point Don states
    PS - I think "SmugExplorer" or "Smug Explorer" is a much better name than "SM Explorer", but it's your product. "SM Explorer" could mean anything that has SM as the initials, it doesn't have any sort of emotional connotations, it's not memorable, etc. It's sorta an efficient name that an engineer would think of - not a branding wizard

I don't ever use Smugmug's name, mearly Smug* names. As Don suggested this for another product, and I have already cleared the SmugTools domain with them I don't think there'll be a problem.

However, of course if Smugmug have an issue, I'm sure they'll let me know and we'll work something out.

Thanks for the pointer anyhow,

Luke
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2006