Options

Alfred Hitchcock

SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
edited August 25, 2004 in Wildlife
Well it was dark gloomy morning on the coast. The light was horrible, horible I tell you. I tried to remember to get a wide angle something for the contest. Thought I was taking them at 30 mm (X1.6 = 48 mm) but had taken them at 35 mm (X1.6 = 56 mm) Bummer!

Does this shot remind you of any old movies?

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2004
    Sam wrote:
    Well it was dark gloomy morning on the coast. The light was horrible, horible I tell you. I tried to remember to get a wide angle something for the contest. Thought I was taking them at 30 mm (X1.6 = 48 mm) but had taken them at 35 mm (X1.6 = 56 mm) Bummer!

Does this shot remind you of any old movies?

good one. lovely composition, soft colors, spooky feel. i like it :D
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2004
    I like it, too. But since it is with you, not me, I am not scared.

I like the composition, the colors, the subject............. you done good!

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited August 22, 2004
    ginger_55 wrote:
    I like it, too. But since it is with you, not me, I am not scared.

I like the composition, the colors, the subject............. you done good!

ginger
    The colors, except for the sky are accurate. Everything I shot today is washed out. If the light aitn't there I guess I ain't gona get nothing.:D
  • Options
    damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2004
    Beautiful shot.
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2004
    Sam wrote:
    The colors, except for the sky are accurate. Everything I shot today is washed out. If the light aitn't there I guess I ain't gona get nothing.:D
    Don't say that... you got something very nice. The gray is a nice contrast with the blacks and whites of the seemingly rotten and decaying rocks. Great mood in this shot. I'm constantly surprised by how the camera interpets light. I've learned to not give up on the light... just wish I could remember and predict how the camera will handle each situation.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    ehughesehughes Registered Users Posts: 1,675 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2004
    Nice shot, where was it taken?
  • Options
    edited August 25, 2004
    ehughes wrote:
    Nice shot, where was it taken?
    This was taken at Bean Hollow, located south of Half Moon Bay and north of Santa Cruz on the pacific coast. If you didn't know what you were looking for you would drive right by it. I have been there three times and each time I come away with an entirely different type of shot. First it was rocks, then seals, now dirty birds. Next time....who knows?