just a little cropping...

54771697-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    photodougphotodoug Registered Users Posts: 870 Major grins
    edited February 18, 2006
    Annabella wrote:

Thank you! I've had the pleasure to handle a snake this color and quite large before....what a wonderful experience.
  • Options
    AnnabellaAnnabella Registered Users Posts: 191 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2006
    photodoug wrote:
    Thank you! I've had the pleasure to handle a snake this color and quite large before....what a wonderful experience.

Thank YOU, Doug! He's a very large snake. He's been a resident at our local zoo forever. And one of the more popular exhibits....hey its a small zoo..
  • Options
    photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2006
    kind of special I would say. I have never seen a yellow snake before. I think you captured the difference between the yellow and the white of his skin beautifuly. Very nice!
  • Options
    Awais YaqubAwais Yaqub Registered Users Posts: 10,572 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2006
    thumb.gif very cool
    Thine is the beauty of light; mine is the song of fire. Thy beauty exalts the heart; my song inspires the soul. Allama Iqbal

My Gallery
  • Options
    DanielBDanielB Registered Users Posts: 2,362 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2006
    sweet photo, i love snakesiloveyou.gif

what is that a Yellow Rat snake? or another type...ne_nau.gif
    Daniel Bauer
    smugmug: www.StandOutphoto.smugmug.com

• Options
    edited February 19, 2006
    thumb.gif very cool

Thanks!
  • Options
    edited February 19, 2006
    DanielB wrote:
    sweet photo, i love snakesiloveyou.gif

what is that a Yellow Rat snake? or another type...ne_nau.gif

I think she would eat rats like popcorn...more of a rabbit snake rolleyes1.gif

I just looked her up she's a "Burmese python, named Daisy. She is an amelanistic animal - a genetic mutation keeps her body from producing melanin, which creates a dark color, although she can produce the yellow color. Daisy is about 16 feet long and weighs 108 pounds."
  • Options
    Frog LadyFrog Lady Registered Users Posts: 1,091 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2006
    very pretty - although I think I would have liked to see her face. I really like the way you got the colors and the detail of the scales. She is very pretty. Nice job.

C.
    Colleen
    check out my (sports) pics: ColleenBonney.smugmug.com

*Thanks to Boolsacho for the avatar photo (from the dgrin portrait project)
  • Options
    edited February 19, 2006
    Frog Lady wrote:
    very pretty - although I think I would have liked to see her face. I really like the way you got the colors and the detail of the scales. She is very pretty. Nice job.

C.

Thanks!
    I took some of her facing me, they didn't turn out very well. By the time i switched my lens she had turned around. headscratch.gif
  • Options
    Red BullRed Bull Registered Users Posts: 719 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2006
    What a cool photo! I like snakes, but I prefer brown ones like ball pythons. Just like the color better though.:D I actually got to take care of one for a week at summer camp one year!
    -Steven

http://redbull.smugmug.com

"Money can't buy happiness...But it can buy expensive posessions that make other people envious, and that feels just as good.":D

Canon 20D, Canon 50 1.8 II, Canon 70-200 f/4L, Canon 17-40 f/4 L, Canon 100mm 2.8 Macro, Canon 430ex.
  • Options
    SkippySkippy Registered Users Posts: 12,075 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2006
    Ohhhhh How Cool Is That?
    Annabella wrote:

Now that is neat......though you wonder what on earth this snake would blend in with, with a design like that on it's body hu? ne_nau.gif
    Gosh that is amazing, aint Nature Just Grand thumb.gif Skippy (Australia)
    Skippy (Australia) - Moderator of "HOLY MACRO" and "OTHER COOL SHOTS"

ALBUM http://ozzieskip.smugmug.com/

:skippy Everyone has the right to be stupid, but some people just abuse the privilege :dgrin
  • Options
    Tessa HDTessa HD Registered Users Posts: 852 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2006
    very neat annabella!
    There is one at the Pittsburgh zoo too! I didn't get a very good photo, but I had to capture her eating her lunch (rabbit) (hope you don't mind me sharing...)
    8088492-M.jpg
    Love to dream, and dream in color.

www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com
    www.printandportfolio.com
    This summer's wilderness photography project: www.tessa-hd.smugmug.com/gallery/3172341
  • Options
    edited February 21, 2006
    Red Bull wrote:
    What a cool photo! I like snakes, but I prefer brown ones like ball pythons. Just like the color better though.:D I actually got to take care of one for a week at summer camp one year!

thanks Steven...i like the ones that are red and black and yellow....:uhoh
  • Options
    edited February 21, 2006
    Skippy wrote:
    Now that is neat......though you wonder what on earth this snake would blend in with, with a design like that on it's body hu? ne_nau.gif
    Gosh that is amazing, aint Nature Just Grand thumb.gif Skippy (Australia)

Thanks skippy...lets see what could he blend in with...a field of daisies? A bannana plantation?... :): rolleyes1.gif:): rolleyes1.gif a herd of smily faces? :D
  • Options
    edited February 21, 2006
    Tessa HD wrote:
    There is one at the Pittsburgh zoo too! I didn't get a very good photo, but I had to capture her eating her lunch (rabbit) (hope you don't mind me sharing...)

thanks Tessa! I don't mind you can share all you like...I was just guessing that she might eat rabbits lol great picture! thumb.gif
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2006
    annabella, love the snake photo, and I hate snakes! I actually had wallpaper kind of that color. I had it in the forties as a toddler, one of my first memories, looking at, and loving, that wallpaper, so I am partial to your photo.

Also, I think it is very well composed!

ginger (66 now, in case there is a question. Funny, if I see a dress, shirt, whatever, in colors like that.............I gotta have it!) (send me the snake,rolleyes1.gif )
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited February 21, 2006
    ginger_55 wrote:
    annabella, love the snake photo, and I hate snakes! I actually had wallpaper kind of that color. I had it in the forties as a toddler, one of my first memories, looking at, and loving, that wallpaper, so I am partial to your photo.

Also, I think it is very well composed!

ginger (66 now, in case there is a question. Funny, if I see a dress, shirt, whatever, in colors like that.............I gotta have it!) (send me the snake,rolleyes1.gif )

Thank you Ginger! It's wonderful how certain things trigger memories... and just for you, the snake is in the mail...rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    zedzed Registered Users Posts: 116 Major grins
    edited February 21, 2006
    Love it! Great colors. I like how your eyes follow the lines of the body until you get to the head.
  • Options
    nzmacronzmacro Registered Users Posts: 200 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2006
    Gorgeous soft textures galore. Excellent shot and love that lighting.

Danny.