Options

Osprey Shots from today

Trish323Trish323 Registered Users Posts: 908 Major grins
edited February 20, 2006 in Wildlife
Good News and bad news..
The good news is I found a place to shoot osprey without schlepping a mile biggrin.gif ; the bad news is all you MI3 people went home alreadyCrunk.gif

I was being swarmed by Osprey today. I spotted at least 6. They let me know in no uncertain terms that they did not want me and my camera around. I let them Know in no uncertain terms that I wasn't leaving. After a while they got back to business and ignored me.

The light would have been much less harsh had I gone out a few hours earlier...But there is always another day.

Here are a few I was able to adjust. I guess I was metering all wrong for most of the shots.

56887837-L.jpg

This guy was mad at me:
56874300-L.jpg

trying to steal lunch:
56874297-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    Michael AllenMichael Allen Registered Users Posts: 196 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2006
    Trout always makes a nice lunch. Excellent shots! Looks like you managed to get pretty close to them.
    -Mike
  • Options
    Trish323Trish323 Registered Users Posts: 908 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2006
    Trout always makes a nice lunch. Excellent shots! Looks like you managed to get pretty close to them.

Hi Mike,
    Thanks! Amazingly close! I was shooting at 550mm-600mm
  • Options
    dallasdallas Registered Users Posts: 1,638 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2006
    Osprey
    Great captures Trish. The exposures look great to me, even it I don't know the difference between an Osprey and an Eagle. It was a pleasure meeting you as well; your work is excellent.
  • Options
    ehughesehughes Registered Users Posts: 1,675 Major grins
    edited February 19, 2006
    Nice shots Trish, such a cool bird...
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,699 moderator
    edited February 19, 2006
    The first shot looks like you were sitting out on the limb with the bird itself!!

Great series - even with the fish. I can never see what they have in their talons.ne_nau.gif
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    HarrybHarryb Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 22,708 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2006
    love that first shot Trish. clap.gif Before you didn't have enough reach and now you have anough reach to clip the wings off in the 3rd shot. :D
    Harry
    http://behret.smugmug.com/ NANPA member
    How many photographers does it take to change a light bulb? 50. One to change the bulb, and forty-nine to say, "I could have done that better!"
  • Options
    FroggyFroggy Registered Users Posts: 610 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2006
    #3 for me
    Wow great captures, I love #3, I got a couple of good one's this weekendthumb.gif
    Looking for the weekend, see my images at the location below, please leave a comment if you like what you see, I would love to hear from you.:):

http://froggy.smugmug.com/
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2006
    Trish, I wouldn't move for the world, but you live in bird paradise!!!!

Those are fantastic shots. I love the fish, I love the first shot particularly, but they are all really good!

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    RohirrimRohirrim Registered Users Posts: 1,889 Major grins
    edited February 20, 2006
    Nice series Trish.