Options

Challenge 19 comments?

GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
edited August 28, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
Either I can not find it, or we never got to see the judges comments on the photos that didn't make the cut on challenge 19.

If it exists, can someone tell me where to find it?

Comments

• Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2004
    GREAPER wrote:
    Either I can not find it, or we never got to see the judges comments on the photos that didn't make the cut on challenge 19.

Don't think they've been done yet
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2004
    Hi Greap...
    GREAPER wrote:

I don't think Andy has had time for any comments yet. I've been checking, but I don't see anything yet. How could he have time with all the hubub going on about the comments thread? Anyway, he usually puts up a big notice when they're done. I'm just going to be patient. Hang in there. thumb.gif
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 26, 2004
    it's gonna take some time but i *will* get them done. i'm really swamped today and tomorrow. i fly the redeye home from ca to ny on friday night and then sunday i'm off to london for a week.

i'll try to get them done some of them this weekend, and finish next week. thank you guys, sorry to be so behind.

snappy's right, my times been consumed with the c&c stuff this week ... sigh.

more hours in the day, please!
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2004
    all done, greaps.
    GREAPER wrote:

mine are done and penelope will get hers finished monday/tuesday.
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2004
    andy wrote:
    it's gonna take some time but i *will* get them done. i'm really swamped today and tomorrow. i fly the redeye home from ca to ny on friday night and then sunday i'm off to london for a week.

i'll try to get them done some of them this weekend, and finish next week. thank you guys, sorry to be so behind.

snappy's right, my times been consumed with the c&c stuff this week ... sigh.

more hours in the day, please!
    Hey, I have been asking for more day/night hours for quite awhile. Since you put this together so well:D , do you suppose that when you get back from London, or on the plane on the way there, you could put together a deal where we get more hours in a day?

That would be great, Andy. And with the world changing, we just add to our schedules and all, so we really do need these extra hours. The old hours worked well before electricity and even after, but computers, compounded with some TV, etc................ it just is not a workable system anymore: this 24 hr day thing.

What do you all think? Rutt, the engineer, more hours needed? I would really like that!

ginger

Andy, you did do a whole bunch of work on the those critiques, were you on the plane. I saw them come in with regularity until I logged off, around 11 here.clap.gif
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited August 28, 2004
    re The dogs and the SPCA
    I don't know where else to let this be known, since if I just put it under one photo, it might not be seen.

That shelter is a NO KILL shelter in Mt Pleasant. They want people to come talk to their dogs. I had permission to take those photos. While I was there, volunteers came in talked to and petted the dogs. And the cats and kittens.

I was there over an hour, maybe over two hours, much of that time spent sitting in front of the cages talking to the dogs. That is a good thing for the dogs.

It is a very good thing they are in that shelter. Charleston has a major kill shelter that feeds into this shelter the pets they think are most adoptable, once they are in that shelter, it is a guarantee that they will stay alive until adopted.
    Most others don't make it here, and I don't know how they make their picks. Most of those dogs were as big as a horse.

But it is not as sad as I have made it look. While they were in those cages, and I was talking to them, my own fortunate dogs were in much smaller, very small, crates waiting for me to come home. Or sleeping, I hope. The dogs there are well taken care of and have much to hope for.

I have never spent a lot of time, or any really, at a shelter, the other one is foul, the main one, but this was nice in its own way. I did something good for the dogs.

Leave it to Mt Pleasant to only have a "good" shelter.

ginger

Ginette, I can't take any of those animals either, but they will not die, as I have implied. That is not true everywhere, but it is true there. And visiting them is a good thing, and there were many volunteers in and out.

This is a huge problem, over breeding of animals. I have religiously spayed my animals, no matter how broke I am, since the late 60's. Spaying is the only answer.
  • Options
    edited August 28, 2004
    I put that on the wrong thread, I have no idea how to move it, I do want the knowledge known, so I am going to just hope that it gets to the interested people.

If you want, Andy, you can take it down. I don't want to rewrite it for the new C & C thread, which might be read.

ginger