Options

color correction

lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
edited August 28, 2004 in Finishing School
I just read and completed a really easy color correction procedure in Scott Kelby's book a "the photoshop CS book for digital photographers" It was brilliant. I'm sure everyone else has read this except me but I find it much easier to understand and use than Dan Marg.s book. It seems fool proof to me and if I can do it straight away and get a lovely result it MUST be easy. For those that have the book and have'nt seen it yet it's on page 118. If folks are interested in seeing the tutorial I'll take some time and create a readable/doable tutorial from the book.
Also.. I took red eye shot my son took and fixed the eyes by duplicating the layer and stealing the eyes from the other subject and moving them over with some blending etc. The pic was a very low res shot the kids took but I wanted to "play" with it.. still am actually.

Comments

• Options
    REECEPHOTOREECEPHOTO Registered Users Posts: 107 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2004
    Scott Kelby is my Hero.................bowdown.gif
    And yes he by far has one of the best teaching methods Iv seen.
    Even photoshop dummy like myself can follow along.
    It's not the speed that'll kill ya
    It's the sudden stops!
    http://reecephoto.smugmug.com
    http://www.danasoft.com/sig/JeffReece.jepg
    src="http//www.danasoft.com/sig/JeffReece.jpg">
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited August 22, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    I just read and completed a really easy color correction procedure in Scott Kelby's book a "the photoshop CS book for digital photographers" It was brilliant. I'm sure everyone else has read this except me but I find it much easier to understand and use than Dan Marg.s book. It seems fool proof to me and if I can do it straight away and get a lovely result it MUST be easy. For those that have the book and have'nt seen it yet it's on page 118. If folks are interested in seeing the tutorial I'll take some time and create a readable/doable tutorial from the book.
    Also.. I took red eye shot my son took and fixed the eyes by duplicating the layer and stealing the eyes from the other subject and moving them over with some blending etc. The pic was a very low res shot the kids took but I wanted to "play" with it.. still am actually.

Lynn, could you please just go through it a bit, I have the Photoshop Book for Digital Photographers that he wrote, but not the CS one.

I have PS 7, have ordered a couple books geared for CS, I had to that is what is coming out, but since I have Kelby's book, just for Photoshop, published, March 2003, I am not going to get the one for CS.

The technique you mention might be in here, but one another page, so if you could give me an idea of what to look for, a bit more detailed than just color correction, I will do that, or the tutorial would be nice, maybe for some people, including me. Of course, whatever I can use should be in my book, but I don't know where.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited August 22, 2004
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Lynn, could you please just go through it a bit, I have the Photoshop Book for Digital Photographers that he wrote, but not the CS one.

I have PS 7, have ordered a couple books geared for CS, I had to that is what is coming out, but since I have Kelby's book, just for Photoshop, published, March 2003, I am not going to get the one for CS.

The technique you mention might be in here, but one another page, so if you could give me an idea of what to look for, a bit more detailed than just color correction, I will do that, or the tutorial would be nice, maybe for some people, including me. Of course, whatever I can use should be in my book, but I don't know where.

ginger
    sure ginger.. give me a day and I'll post a link to it. I have to write it up in a fashion that makes sense.. not east knowing me..rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    edited August 22, 2004
    Hi Ginger and anyone else who is interested. Here is a hopefully not too muddled version of what was in Scott Kelby's book.. I threw it up realy quick so if it makes no sense let me know.

http://www.providencecliffseniors.com/Jacks/smug.html
  • Options
    edited August 22, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    Hi Ginger and anyone else who is interested. Here is a hopefully not too muddled version of what was in Scott Kelby's book.. I threw it up realy quick so if it makes no sense let me know.

http://www.providencecliffseniors.com/Jacks/smug.html
    Thanks, Lynn. I will give it a try tomorrow, or the next day, when I start printing photos again.

That was great that you got that up so fast. I don't know how to do that stuff.

Also, I can't write, or draw, on my photos, or choices, or whatever.

ginger
  • Options
    edited August 22, 2004
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Thanks, Lynn. I will give it a try tomorrow, or the next day, when I start printing photos again.

That was great that you got that up so fast. I don't know how to do that stuff.

Also, I can't write, or draw, on my photos, or choices, or whatever.

ginger
    No prob. Ginge. To write or draw on your stuff you need to make a print screen first. Don't panic.. open what you want to draw on.. on your keyboard press ctrl and the key that says prtscn.. it's probably top right somewhere. Nothing will happen but open a new blank page in Photoshop and press paste and it will appear as a picture (magic) then you can draw all over it and save for the web to do with as you wish... print screen just makes a copy of what ever is on your screen at the time and you can paste it into any document.

The tutorial I made for you is actually a web page.. a bit more complexeek7.gif
    good luck
    Lynn
  • Options
    edited August 22, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    No prob. Ginge. To write or draw on your stuff you need to make a print screen first. Don't panic.. open what you want to draw on.. on your keyboard press ctrl and the key that says prtscn.. it's probably top right somewhere. Nothing will happen but open a new blank page in Photoshop and press paste and it will appear as a picture (magic) then you can draw all over it and save for the web to do with as you wish... print screen just makes a copy of what ever is on your screen at the time and you can paste it into any document.

The tutorial I made for you is actually a web page.. a bit more complexeek7.gif
    good luck
    Lynn
    That is great, Lynn. Thanks. I just looked at my keyboard, and there is a key for printscreen. I will print this page out and put it with the tutorial.

Thanks, muchly, ginger:D

I am reading a book called Shem Creek, it is a new hardback, novel, by someone who grew up on Sullivan's Island. Shem Creek is in Mt Pleasant, I will probably photograph it sometime. If you like light reading it depicts present day Mt Pleasant pretty well.
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited August 23, 2004
    Lynn, this is really, really good stuff. I'm gonna field test it tomorrow night. Thanks! thumb.gifclap.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    SeeMoonSeeMoon Banned Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited August 24, 2004
    Thanks Lynn! thumb.gif
  • Options
    BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited August 24, 2004
    I use that technique too and love it for removing color casts, getting contrast right, etc.

It's a bit of a two-edged sword with Scott Kelby. He's the best at making it simple but he doesn't explain the whys, and occassionally he says something crazy wrong about sRGB or ink saturation measurements that cause people to go crazy in the forums.
  • Options
    Ric GrupeRic Grupe Registered Users Posts: 9,522 Major grins
    edited August 28, 2004
    iCorrect EditLab
    PictoColor Releases iCorrect EditLab Pro 4.5

http://www.picto.com/email/iCorrectEditLabPro45_Release02.htm

Do yourself a favor! Check it out.