Options

Firefox: This ad zapped

BigAlBigAl Registered Users Posts: 2,294 Major grins
edited February 23, 2006 in Dgrin Forum Support
All of a sudden, the little pics at the top of the page are being seen as ads, and I'm getting a "This ad zapped" instead of the pics. Anyone have any ideas what could cause this?

Comments

• Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator
    edited February 22, 2006
    BigAl wrote:
    All of a sudden, the little pics at the top of the page are being seen as ads, and I'm getting a "This ad zapped" instead of the pics. Anyone have any ideas what could cause this?

What extensions are you running? I am not having this problem.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2006
    BigAl wrote:

I'm not having that either. You'll probably need to tell FF or your ad blocker that Dgrin is a safe or allowed site.
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2006
    Maybe it's Tools/Options/Web Features/Block Pop Up Windows. Put www.dgrin.com in the allowed box. ne_nau.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,929 moderator
    edited February 22, 2006
    wxwax wrote:
    Maybe it's Tools/Options/Web Features/Block Pop Up Windows. Put www.dgrin.com in the allowed box. ne_nau.gif
    Doubt it. The pics are not popups. There is a version of the adblock extension that relies on a shared block list. Perhaps that's the source? headscratch.gif I run adblock, but I maintain my own list.
  • Options
    Mike LaneMike Lane Registered Users Posts: 7,106 Major grins
    edited February 22, 2006
    rsinmadrid wrote:
    Doubt it. The pics are not popups. There is a version of the adblock extension that relies on a shared block list. Perhaps that's the source? headscratch.gif I run adblock, but I maintain my own list.

I use adblock and filterset.G and I still see them.
    Y'all don't want to hear me, you just want to dance.

http://photos.mikelanestudios.com/
  • Options
    edited February 23, 2006
    Thanks for replies guys. I don't have any extensions and I haven't changed anything by going through the tools>options menu recently.

I've just tried setting dgrin as an exception in load images, but still no luck. This is really puzzling headscratch.gif At least I now know it's something in my setup seeing that no-one else is having this problem. I'll google it and see what pops up :D
  • Options
    edited February 23, 2006
    Follow up:
    It could be some kind of ISP-based ad-zapper. such as this:
    http://www.lava.net/support/utilities/adzapper.html
    I've just looked at the source of a dgrin page, and because of the random way in which the pics are introduced, they may be seen as ads by the ad blocking s/w.

Follow up to the follow up:
    I've just spoken to one of the support people this end and he has confirmed that such server side software is in place. He will check if anything has changed recently.