Uploads lost in space.

tmlphototmlphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,444 Major grins
edited August 30, 2004 in SmugMug Support
I just uploaded an image several times to the dgrin challenge site and my picture never showed up. I also tried uploading to my own site with same result. I never had this problem before. Whats up??:dunno
Thomas :D

TML Photography
tmlphoto.com

Comments

• DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2004
    tmlphoto wrote:
    I just uploaded an image several times to the dgrin challenge site and my picture never showed up. I also tried uploading to my own site with same result. I never had this problem before. Whats up??ne_nau.gif

Must be something wrong with the server, cause I'm having the same problem. Very frustrating.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • SeeMoonSeeMoon Banned Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2004
    Same here!
  • dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2004
    Sundays are the busiest days for smugmug. This has happened to me in the past several times. It will take 15 minutes or so to show up. If you uploaded the file more than once, they will all show up in your gallery.

Dave
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2004
    What dkapp said. Also, I've had problems accessing smugmug today. Intermittent.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • DavidTODavidTO Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 19,160 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2004
    dkapp wrote:
    Sundays are the busiest days for smugmug. This has happened to me in the past several times. It will take 15 minutes or so to show up. If you uploaded the file more than once, they will all show up in your gallery.

Dave

Whoah! Now someone's uploaded like 8 of the one shot!

Oh, wait...that was me.

Right you are dkapp, patience is required.
    Moderator Emeritus
    Dgrin FAQ | Me | Workshops
  • wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited August 29, 2004
    rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited August 30, 2004
    Turns out if the servers get behind we get buried because many people will try their uploads a few more times, burying the servers deeper.

We've been working on getting ahead of the curve on Sunday afternoons. The killer scenario is large batches of high-res photos like you can upload with the Mac uploader arriving simultaneously.