Options

d70

jwearjwear Registered Users Posts: 8,005 Major grins
edited August 29, 2004 in Cameras
need advice new d70 owner problems auto focus not so good sun to shade is real dark shade and bright on sun side motion the stop action even with people walking is blurred night shots were terrible is any one else having so much trouble with brand new nixon ???
Jeff W

“PHOTOGRAPHY IS THE ‘JAZZ’ FOR THE EYES…”

http://jwear.smugmug.com/

Comments

• Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited August 4, 2004
    jwear wrote:
    need advice new d70 owner problems auto focus not so good sun to shade is real dark shade and bright on sun side motion the stop action even with people walking is blurred night shots were terrible is any one else having so much trouble with brand new nixon ???
    welcome to dgrin i'm erik and i don't have a d70 but i'll try to answer your question by the way its nice to have you here but its called a period use it and we'll have an easier time trying to help you with your question which is lost in there somewhere and whats this about a former president?

:D

I haven't heard of any D70 focusing issues. Fast focusing depends on your lens too don't forget. Tell us wha'cha got.
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    patch29patch29 Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 2,928 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2004
    It would help if you could post some examples of what you are seeing and having problems with. There could be several different reasons that give you out of focus or blurred photos.
  • Options
    edited August 4, 2004
    DoctorIt wrote:
    welcome to dgrin i'm erik and i don't have a d70 but i'll try to answer your question by the way its nice to have you here but its called a period use it and we'll have an easier time trying to help you with your question which is lost in there somewhere and whats this about a former president?

:D

I haven't heard of any D70 focusing issues. Fast focusing depends on your lens too don't forget. Tell us wha'cha got.
    I have 2 nikons af24-85 ed and af ed 70-300.the 300 does not auto focus just locks up and the 24 was the one i used for the first week.camera is new and very new to me so part of the trouble is me and adj. to the camera. i have called the camera shop and am going in to get a replacedment.i wanted to know if i made a mistake in the purchase of a D70 but after reading all the comments and pics you all have placed in this forum i will get the replacement and try again.My choice at purchase was cannon and nikon the 2 shops both said the nikon was best for me at the price.So i hope they are right and this was just bad luck.Thank you for the responce and the use of what was that period thing i used it just for you and stop picking your nose! thanks Jeff
    Jeff W

• Options
    edited August 4, 2004
    patch29 wrote:
    It would help if you could post some examples of what you are seeing and having problems with. There could be several different reasons that give you out of focus or blurred photos.
    This is new to me do I do teh quote before I reply?Thank you for the responce I think I just got a bad camera and they are going to replaced it . I was concered I had made a very bad choice in my purchace but reading and looking thru forums I think this is a good camera I just got a bad one .After I have taken some shots THAT WILL NOT MAKE ME LOOK REALLY BAD will post and ask for help.Thanks again for post JEFF
    Jeff W

• Options
    dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
    edited August 4, 2004
    I'm a D70 owner and have had a great experience with it. There is a learning curve if you are new to SLR's.

I've subscribed to this thread, so when you get some pics up, I'll be able to help.

Dave
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited August 5, 2004
    jwear wrote:
    I have 2 nikons af24-85 ed and af ed 70-300.the 300 does not auto focus just locks up and the 24 was the one i used for the first week.camera is new and very new to me so part of the trouble is me and adj. to the camera. i have called the camera shop and am going in to get a replacedment.i wanted to know if i made a mistake in the purchase of a D70 but after reading all the comments and pics you all have placed in this forum i will get the replacement and try again.My choice at purchase was cannon and nikon the 2 shops both said the nikon was best for me at the price.So i hope they are right and this was just bad luck.Thank you for the responce and the use of what was that period thing i used it just for you and stop picking your nose! thanks Jeff
    good work with that punctuation rolleyes1.gif

yeah, sounds like you had a faulty camera - too bad, but I guess it may be expected from a the brand new assembly plant in Thailand. Hope the replacement is better!

btw, nose picking is essential. gotta keep those airways clear! :D
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    MitchellMitchell Registered Users Posts: 3,503 Major grins
    edited August 5, 2004
    jwear wrote:

Sounds like you may have been shooting in the dynamic focus mode. Please tell us what settings you had on the D70 when you have this problem. It will be interesting if your replacement has the same "problem".

I like my D70 and have had no focusing problems. Personally, I do not use the dynamic focusing mode. This is an anticipatory focusing program which is supposed to be helpful in sports. I found it just gave me blurry pics!!

mitch
  • Options
    edited August 6, 2004
    They Gave Me A New Body Today And I Was Shooting In Auto Only .after A Few Days Or A Week I Will Try Again With The Camera. Last Week I Was With My Son At Boy Scout Camp And Shot Every Day But Was Very Disappointed.after The Feed Back I Recieved I Will Stay With The D70 And Will Go Thru The Leaning Curve.thank You All For The Feedback! Will Come Back On Again With D70 Jeff
    Jeff W

• Options
    edited August 17, 2004
    Post Pics
    jwear wrote:
    They Gave Me A New Body Today And I Was Shooting In Auto Only .after A Few Days Or A Week I Will Try Again With The Camera. Last Week I Was With My Son At Boy Scout Camp And Shot Every Day But Was Very Disappointed.after The Feed Back I Recieved I Will Stay With The D70 And Will Go Thru The Leaning Curve.thank You All For The Feedback! Will Come Back On Again With D70 Jeff
    ne_nau.gif HOW DO I POST A FEW OF MY SHOTS AND GET SOME FEED BACK ON PICS .I HAVE SHOT A FEW IN THE OLD BACK YARD AND ONE OF THE SON WITH DOG.FROM THAT I HAVE A ? OR 2 ABOUT GLASS AND MY SET UP.THANKS AGAIN FOR THE ADVICE BEFORE OH YES WITH THE NEW CAMERA I SAT IN THE BED ROOM AND SHOT THE FAN ON HI THE D70 STOPPED THE BLADES AS IF THEY WERE STANDING STILL ALSO GOT A NEW CARD ULTRA II I THINK THAT WILL HELP WITH ACTION SHOTS? JEFF
    Jeff W

• Options
    PerezDesignGroupPerezDesignGroup Registered Users Posts: 395 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2004
    jwear wrote:
    ne_nau.gif HOW DO I POST A FEW OF MY SHOTS AND GET SOME FEED BACK ON PICS .
    Umm...nevermind...look below. thumb.gif
    Canon Digital Rebel | Canon EOS 35mm | Yashica Electro GSN | Fed5B | Holga 35 MF

• Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited August 17, 2004
    Jeff,
    Sid has done some instructions which you'll find here
  • Options
    edited August 25, 2004
    Thanks
    gubbs wrote:
    Jeff,
    Sid has done some instructions which you'll find here
    JEFF wrote:
    GRUBBS, THANK YOU BOTH I JUST FOUND THIS ,HAVE BEEN LOOKING AT CHALLENGE PIC ECT STILL HAVING TROUBLE FINDING MY WAY AROUND.I AM NOT AS COMPUTER SAVVY AS IT SEEMS ALL OF YOU ARE.AGAIN THANKS FOR ALL THE HELP JEFF
    Jeff W

• Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2004
    You will get the hang of it, It just takes time.

One thing will help. Turn your Caps lock off. It makes your posts harder to read and is interpreted on the internet as yelling.

When you have a problem, be as specific and clear as you can, this will help us understand the problem.

If you have a shot that came out bad and you want us to help you with why, post the shot so we can see what you have. This will help us with finding the problem.

You will find a lot of helpful people here, but their time is valuable so give them enough info to be clear on the help you need.

Glad to have you here.
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited August 25, 2004
    Nice post, Greaps. jwear, we'll help ya out, just ask for assistance. nod.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited August 28, 2004
    pics
    wxwax wrote:
    Nice post, Greaps. jwear, we'll help ya out, just ask for assistance. nod.gif
    jwear wrote:
    I have tried to post a pic to challenge one posted but it was not the one i wanted.[thanks to who ever it was that deleted it ] It was an old door shot from another camera.Will try and get the pic in challenge it said wrong format i think .The program I used was one that you all posted to use to resize the pic.It was irfanview, I had to leave on a job in san fran and am to beat to try again now that I am back.I took my camera and never got the d70 from the bag. jeff thanks again
    Jeff W

• Options
    edited August 29, 2004
    If it said wrong format... is the file saved as a jpeg?
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
  • Options
    edited August 29, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    If it said wrong format... is the file saved as a jpeg
    jwear wrote:
    info w/3008 h/2000 24bpp 2317830 bytes file dsc-0038 jpg comp jpeg/jfif thats from info in irfoview. It's the first time I have used this program i thought that i had resized it by 1/2 twice before i tried to enter?
    Jeff W

• Options
    edited August 29, 2004
    j, could you tell us through step-by-step how you're trying to upload the shot? Maybe we'll see something in your workflow. (I'm not smart enough to know if that file is too large to upload to the challenge.)
    Sid.
  • Options
    edited August 29, 2004
    challenge
    wxwax wrote:
    j, could you tell us through step-by-step how you're trying to upload the shot? Maybe we'll see something in your workflow. (I'm not smart enough to know if that file is too large to upload to the challenge
    jwear wrote:
    after 4 days i posted a pic. to challenge mostly for humor did not know how to title it but i think i get it now.I know a tripod not hand held would help but fogus was a real problem i used my finger for close up what would i use to help this shot and there is the back ground ?if i had color in the water drops and i took better pics ect . jeff
    Jeff W