Return from Shopping Cart

AllenAllen Registered Users Posts: 10,008 Major grins
edited September 2, 2004 in SmugMug Support
I was checking out the new cart and noticed if I deleted the only photo there, the next page had no link back my gallery. If logged in, there was a "Your Photos" button at the top, but it returned me to my top page and not to the gallery I was in. If not logged in there is no link at all.

It would seem that everyone would want potential buyers returning to their galleries. The link is lost and they might forget how they got to the site in the first place. Not good fo sales!
Al
Al - Just a volunteer here having fun
My Website index | My Blog

Comments

• scrooksscrooks Registered Users Posts: 61 Big grins
    edited August 30, 2004
    I agree, it would be nice to have a link back to the gallery last visited.
    --
    Steve Crooks
    Steve.Crooks.net
  • onethumbonethumb Administrators Posts: 1,269 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2004
    Allen wrote:
    I was checking out the new cart and noticed if I deleted the only photo there, the next page had no link back my gallery. If logged in, there was a "Your Photos" button at the top, but it returned me to my top page and not to the gallery I was in. If not logged in there is no link at all.

It would seem that everyone would want potential buyers returning to their galleries. The link is lost and they might forget how they got to the site in the first place. Not good fo sales!
    Al

That's an interesting point. I'll have to think long and hard about this one. Turns out, we get lots of orders from people who have carts full of images from not only different galleries, but also completely differeng smugmug users!

Deciding which gallery to put you back to becomes a tough problem in cases like these, and they're common.

Even putting you back at the gallery you last visited would be a bit of a chore...

We'll give it some thought. Thanks for the input!

Don
  • GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2004
    Maybe, if they look at their cart, have it open a new window, leaving the one they are browsing in at the gallery.

I dont know if I said that well, but I hope you get what I mean.
  • onethumbonethumb Administrators Posts: 1,269 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2004
    GREAPER wrote:
    Maybe, if they look at their cart, have it open a new window, leaving the one they are browsing in at the gallery.

I dont know if I said that well, but I hope you get what I mean.

Unfortunately, that would be tough for all sorts of reasons too (especially because people use pop-up blockers these days, which would kill the cart window).

We'll think long and hard on it, though.

Thanks,

Don