Sick Of Andy

SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
edited September 3, 2004 in Landscapes
I am sick of Andy and his photographs! The guy goes to Palo Alto, right up the street from me, and gets a shot I wouldn’t have seen with a gun to my head. Now he’s off to London where is hob knobbing with great photographers and just snapping out cool shots of the moment like that gal playing a violin in a corner as if it were nothing.

He does seem to have a newly developed fetish of taking peoples photos while eating though.

I am putting you on notice Andy! I am not going to look, and drool over any more of your great photos until you post one with poor composition, wrong exposure, and how about a little camera shake to prove your human.

Oh…..Ok I might peek at a few. :D

Sam

Photography is like fishing. Although you may not be very good at it, if you keep trying, you have a change of getting one.

Comments

• wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2004
    :lol Good one, Sam. nod.gif I, too, am beginning to resent Andy. He's rubbing our noses in it, he is.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2004
    oh yeah????
    hehehe

sam, you're funny! :roll

actually, two nights ago, i muffed - i had my 10d on iso 800 for 8 shots when i really wanted iso 100, oh well.

thanks for the kind? words :D i will try and post some bad shots soon ok?

:lol
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited September 1, 2004
    Andy, as usual, I can match you in everything except excellence (how is that for over the top "sucking up? But I know that your shots, and your "eye", are consistently good............great?)

Saturday I shot 200 shots in sun and clouds, outside, afternoon, at 1600 ASA, boy did my heart sink.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
    edited September 1, 2004
    Sorry, ISO, not ASA.

Cheerio, bless our hearts.

I hat to lower the ISO to shoot evening shots.rolleyes1.gif:D
    edited September 1, 2004
    thank you ginger dear ...
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Andy, as usual, I can match you in everything except excellence (how is that for over the top "sucking up? But I know that your shots, and your "eye", are consistently good............great?)

Saturday I shot 200 shots in sun and clouds, outside, afternoon, at 1600 ASA, boy did my heart sink.

ginger

i really appreciate the kind words :D you made my day.
  • cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
    edited September 2, 2004
    andy wrote:
    hehehe

sam, you're funny! :roll

actually, two nights ago, i muffed - i had my 10d on iso 800 for 8 shots when i really wanted iso 100, oh well.

thanks for the kind? words :D i will try and post some bad shots soon ok?

:lol
    Ha.. been there, done that. Course if you had the 1dmII the noise is so low at 800 that it would not have mattered.
    Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
    Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
    Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph
    edited September 2, 2004
    One of my daytime outdoor shots that I shot at 1600 (dRebel or 300D), it is one that people have strongly suggested that I enter. I worked it up in black and white last night, ala Andy's channel mixer instructions, with the extra black thrown in.
    I added noise, just because I wanted to, so daytime, light enough, outdoor, at 1600 ISO, and I add noise??? Seemed like a good idea at the time.
    I am liking the picture better in blk and white, but the ISO problem, no one notices, and I forget.

The main thing with that , the whole picture, everywhere, is in focus.

ginger
    edited September 3, 2004
    ginger
    what is your lens lineup? do you have more than the kit lens for that rebel of yours?

you might consider a fast lens, so you can narrow the dof when you desire. the 50 f/1.8 is under $100 and is really good, the 50 f/1.4 is $300 and is superb. and of course, there are a number of other great choices as well.

ginger_55 wrote:
    One of my daytime outdoor shots that I shot at 1600 (dRebel or 300D), it is one that people have strongly suggested that I enter. I worked it up in black and white last night, ala Andy's channel mixer instructions, with the extra black thrown in.
    I added noise, just because I wanted to, so daytime, light enough, outdoor, at 1600 ISO, and I add noise??? Seemed like a good idea at the time.
    I am liking the picture better in blk and white, but the ISO problem, no one notices, and I forget.

The main thing with that , the whole picture, everywhere, is in focus.

ginger