Options

Photo Contests

pelunapeluna Registered Users Posts: 16 Big grins
edited September 4, 2004 in Technique
I've been watching the photo contest at our local fair for three years. I keep on trying to figure out the difference between a "winning" and an "ok" picture. I have been considering entering but I don't have any idea as to which of my "good" photos would have a greater chance than others. Any advice?

Comments

• Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited September 3, 2004
    lol3.gif Well now, that's been the subject of much debate around here, too! Best advice, submit the work you love the best. It's too much work trying to predict what someone else is going to like. And when you look at really nice photos, figure out why they're nice. Then steal what they did. naughty.gif It's a good way to grow.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2004
    listen to sid ...
    wxwax wrote:
    lol3.gif Well now, that's been the subject of much debate around here, too! Best advice, submit the work you love the best. It's too much work trying to predict what someone else is going to like. And when you look at really nice photos, figure out why they're nice. Then steal what they did. naughty.gif It's a good way to grow.

he's a multiple-time winner clap.gif