Options

Models: Giselle and Liz

binghottbinghott Registered Users Posts: 1,075 Major grins
edited March 6, 2006 in People
sorry for the lack of posting lately, but i've had a lot to do at school and i haven't been shooting too much.

i had a shoot in the freezing cold the other day, on the beach, with two girls. the wind that day made using my huge reflector near impossible. before i put it away i did manage to get a couple good shots with it. here's a shot of giselle that i'm pretty happy with. i'll be posting more very soon.

please tell me what you think. i know her skin is red, but it was absolutely freezing so i think it's justified. if you think differently or have any other comments, please tell me, i'd really appreciate it!

58322174-L.jpg

thanks for looking

Comments

• Options
    edited March 2, 2006
    hmmm. no comments eh?

here's two more:

#2 - giselle
    58337570-M-1.jpg

#3 - liz
    58338944-M.jpg
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2006
    binghott wrote:

58322174-Ti.jpg
    thanks for looking

Bing, she's way too hott for my tastes. Overexposed I mean. It works if you can make it a high key shot, but this isn't a high key shot.
  • Options
    PhotosbychuckPhotosbychuck Registered Users Posts: 1,239 Major grins
    edited March 2, 2006
    Hi, binghott
    I like #2 the best.
    Looks like it was a hard shoot wind, sun, cold.
    Do these girls also model for other photographers?
    what is there contact info?

Take Care,
    Chuck,
    http://groups.yahoo.com/group/northcarolinamodels
    D300S, 18-200mm VR, 70-300mm VR

Aperture Focus Photography
    http://aperturefocus.com
  • Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited March 2, 2006
    agree with andy on 1-

I like 2 and 3 neat angle and pose on 3-

thanks for sharing-
    george
  • Options
    edited March 2, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Bing, she's way too hott for my tastes. Overexposed I mean. It works if you can make it a high key shot, but this isn't a high key shot.

thanks andy, and very well said.
    for some reason i really liked this one. any suggestions as to what i should/could do to it? should i crop it closer and make it a headshot, should i make it darker, or should i maker brighter?

chuck, they are currently exclusively binghott models, but i'll ask them if they'd be willing to work with another photographer. don't count on it, but i'm sure they'll be flattered that you asked.

thanks for the comment george.

i'll post some more soon.
  • Options
    edited March 3, 2006
    here's another of liz:

58364972-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 3, 2006
    #5 giselle
    58375574-L.jpg
  • Options
    edited March 3, 2006
    comments please! i'm really not sure about whether this set is any good or not. i really need some advice!
    thanks

#6 liz
    58376517-L.jpg
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited March 3, 2006
    all your color ones look like they are too yellow, actually. You said red, but what I see is yellow.

this one of Liz is good, I dig your compo
    58364972-Th.jpg
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    edited March 3, 2006
    DoctorIt wrote:
    all your color ones look like they are too yellow, actually. You said red, but what I see is yellow.

this one of Liz is good, I dig your compo

thanks doc. i know they're yellow, but i didnt think they were too yellow. the pictures should be pretty warm, i took them during the sunset and i like to keep that warm feel. i'll see if i can fix them.

thanks.
  • Options
    zigzagzigzag Registered Users Posts: 196 Major grins
    edited March 3, 2006
    #6 has really shallow depth of field, but it looks like you focused on her right eye? It makes it difficult since you really want both eyes in focus for a shot like that. Otherwise I like it.
  • Options
    DoctorItDoctorIt Administrators Posts: 11,951 moderator
    edited March 3, 2006
    binghott wrote:
    thanks doc. i know they're yellow, but i didnt think they were too yellow. the pictures should be pretty warm, i took them during the sunset and i like to keep that warm feel. i'll see if i can fix them.

thanks.
    I thought thats what you might be going for, but instead of warm, they look jaundice. lol3.gif
    Erik
    moderator of: The Flea Market [ guidelines ]

• Options
    FrostFrost Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
    edited March 3, 2006
    binghott wrote:
    #5 giselle
    58375574-L.jpg

This one is the best of the bunch. I like the extreme hightlights that focus the attention on the face and hair. If it were me I'd have cropped out the knees (blue jeans) and just left the upper torso and the highlight image without the bottom of the jeans. I'ts just distracting to see the jeans. It takes away from the face. My opinoin on this one. I'd also either clone out or "dodge" out that dark piece of background just uner her left arm (right to us) It's also distracting....Try it and see.
    Cheers!
    Vern

Nikon D80 w/ Tamron 28-200 XR lens & Nikon 55-200VR, 4X5 Graphic View II, others
    http://vernsdidj.com Didgeridoo site with links and pictures.

I started out in life with nothing, and I've managed to keep most of it.

• Options
    FrostFrost Registered Users Posts: 72 Big grins
    edited March 3, 2006
    Cropped and dodged a bit
    binghott: This is what I was referring to about the crop. I also used a dodge tool over each eye (rather large area taking in more than just the eye) and a few places in the deep shadows especially around the hair line. I also cropped out the jeans, cloned the bacground out, and adjusted the contrast and lightness just a wee bit. ... this is kind of what I was talking about above... :):
    Cheers!
    Vern

Nikon D80 w/ Tamron 28-200 XR lens & Nikon 55-200VR, 4X5 Graphic View II, others
    http://vernsdidj.com Didgeridoo site with links and pictures.

I started out in life with nothing, and I've managed to keep most of it.

• Options
    SystemSystem Registered Users Posts: 8,186 moderator
    edited March 3, 2006
    I hope you don't mind-
    I opened up hue and saturation and just slid the yellow saturation down--took red sat down a little and tweaked master hue
  • Options
    OwenOwen Registered Users Posts: 948 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2006
    I don't mind the knee. I don't find it distracting at all.
  • Options
    edited March 6, 2006
    thanks for the comments and a big thanks for the examples with my pictures. i really appreciate it! i'll edit those pictures and be mosting some more shots from that day soon.