Options

Can I "store" These Great Ideas??

saurorasaurora Registered Users Posts: 4,320 Major grins
edited March 4, 2006 in Dgrin Forum Support
I've been stumbling about Dgrin for a few weeks now and gradually learning the ropes. Today I finally figured out how to subscribe to threads so I can find my posts.:clap (So who knew what "threads" were anyway???) Here is my question which is no doubt posted somewhere else on this site!!! I constantly come across invaluable information buried deep within a very active thread that I would like to save somehow for later use. I would like to be able to "find" these jewels of info, but I know I am going to forget they even exist unless..........there is a way to save and categorize. Is this asking too much? Sometimes I try to print the info out, but I get the entire thread which wastes a lot of paper and is not really a great option. Is there a way to save this info in an organized manner, or am I asking too much? Thanks for your input!

Comments

• Options
    photocatphotocat Registered Users Posts: 1,334 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2006
    You could copy and paste it in a text document, give it an appropriate name and print out that text document. If you have a mac, it is easy put in text edit and saved that way. That is what I do usually, there is so much information out there...
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2006
    Idea - bookmarks! (IE calls them favorites).

Idea - del.icio.us (neat way of saving your stuff) - try it, linky in my siggy.
  • Options
    edited March 4, 2006
    photocat wrote:
    You could copy and paste it in a text document, give it an appropriate name and print out that text document. If you have a mac, it is easy put in text edit and saved that way. That is what I do usually, there is so much information out there...

Thanks for your input. You're right...there' SO MUCH info!!!:D
  • Options
    edited March 4, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Idea - bookmarks! (IE calls them favorites).

Idea - del.icio.us (neat way of saving your stuff) - try it, linky in my siggy.

I knew I'd get the answer in a flash! Thanks, Andy. I have heard of del.ici.ous, but never used it. Looks absolutely perfect. My bookmarks in I.E. just get too messy, but I'm sure if I worked on it, I could organize them better. I need something fast and sweet and del.ici.ous looks like it just might do the trick. Thanks again! bowdown.gif
  • Options
    DeeDee Registered Users Posts: 2,981 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2006
    I decided to try it...
    Great thread... clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

I decided to try it, and it's so easy! I've already made one entry. Being able to drag to my Safari tool bar was so neat and easy! I should have done this a LONG time ago!
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 4, 2006
    Dee wrote:
    Great thread... clap.gifclap.gifclap.gif

I decided to try it, and it's so easy! I've already made one entry. Being able to drag to my Safari tool bar was so neat and easy! I should have done this a LONG time ago!

And the link in my siggy is bwg's collection of dgrin stuff. Nice.