8108851-L.jpg

8109171-L.jpg

8108854-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited September 4, 2004
    Nice stuff, gubbs.

I really like how the water disappears off the edge in this one. Does the B&W look a lot better than the color?

8108853-S.jpg

And this is a wonderful, clean, elegant portrait. Nice composition.

8108854-S.jpg

This an intriguing building. It must be difficult to isolate it from the other buildings in the area.

8108838-S.jpg
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    SeeMoonSeeMoon Banned Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2004
    gubbs wrote:
    8108854-S.jpg

I very much like this one; the light on her face while the shadows are in front of her. The two others balancing her out and the lines on the ground..it just all looks cool.
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    Nice stuff, gubbs.

I really like how the water disappears off the edge in this one. Does the B&W look a lot better than the color?

And this is a wonderful, clean, elegant portrait. Nice composition.

This an intriguing building. It must be difficult to isolate it from the other buildings in the area.
    TBH Sid I was struggling with the strong light on the side of her face, B&W was an easy way out although I liked the colour. More work required deal.gif

Mrs Gubbs complains I never take any nice pictures of her, but I was pleased with this one.

Its huge but there's a lot of space around it, there is church just out of shot on the right, I don't think the whale blends in very well ne_nau.gif

Thanks for the comments thumb.gif
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2004
    SeeMoon wrote:
    I very much like this one; the light on her face while the shadows are in front of her. The two others balancing her out and the lines on the ground..it just all looks cool.
    Thanks Simone,

and thanks for recommendation, the exhibition was superb, we ended up staying overnight & having a fantastic weekend in Birmingham. thumb.gif
  • Options
    damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2004
    I'm with Sid and Simome...this b/w portrait is gorgeous, just beautiful...
    SeeMoon wrote:
  • Options
    SeeMoonSeeMoon Banned Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2004
    gubbs wrote:
    Thanks Simone,

and thanks for recommendation, the exhibition was superb, we ended up staying overnight & having a fantastic weekend in Birmingham. thumb.gif

I'm so glad you liked it! :D
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited September 6, 2004
    I like this one too gubbs.. great light I think.clap.gif