Options

** challenge 21 comments and critiques procedure **

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited September 7, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
okay guys, we've had experience now with two different ways. let's try a third way this challenge, and see how it goes.

post your image for comment and critique right here in the challenge section. give it a subject like this:

* challenge 21: {image title}

and then post your image in the body of the message. each *post will have one photo in it. folks can go to each message, leave you comments and critiques. you can easily see which photos are in need of critique, by looking for the * (asterisk) that heads up each subject line.

if you've decided to remove an image from consideration, kindly edit the post and remove the * (asterisk) from the subject line.

let's try this for challenge 21 and see how it goes, okay?

Comments

• Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2004
    I wrote this then saw andy’s new C&C ,(which looks like a good plan) but thought that it still applies

“Maybe we trying to find a cure without looking at the cause!

The C & C thread is supposed to be for shots we are considering entering into the challenge. Although it fulfills this purpose very well it seems it’s also used as a showcase and a tool for deferring our decisions. I know I am guilty of doing this! The resulting “blob” (:D as it was described) is what has caused all of the recent debate

In my mind the challenges are to enjoy, hopefully we learn something on the way, bonus! We have restricted our challenge entries to one shot, mainly to help us develop self critique and our selection process. It’s tough sometimes but I believe this has really worked well.
    Maybe, all we need to do is apply some of this self critique & selection to our entries in the C&C and limit the number of entries. I’m not suggesting any more rules, just a change in perspective.”
  • Options
    ruttrutt Registered Users Posts: 6,511 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2004
    This is a simplification of the suggest I made and elimenates the gallery. Why not leave the gallery in place but make it optional to add shots and link to the discussion thread. We'll see if it gets used. If not, fine. If so, fine. It's no addional work for you Andy.
    If not now, when?
  • Options
    edited September 7, 2004
    simplification, rutt
    rutt wrote:
    This is a simplification of the suggest I made and elimenates the gallery. Why not leave the gallery in place but make it optional to add shots and link to the discussion thread. We'll see if it gets used. If not, fine. If so, fine. It's no addional work for you Andy.

there are many folks who feel that any of these methods are too complicated.

the gallery is gone - for this challenge.

after challenge 21, we'll take a poll and see which of the three methods folks like best
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2004
    lynnma wrote:
    Hi Im testing out the new system and will remove this image in a day or so... just wondered how it worked...
    Seems to me this could'nt be any simpler...clap.gif Thanks Andyclap.gif
  • Options
    edited September 7, 2004
    lynn dear
    lynnma wrote:
    Seems to me this could'nt be any simpler...clap.gif Thanks Andyclap.gif

lynnie - could you link your images from your smug acct rather than uploading them as attachments to dgrin? it makes it easier for me when and if you get chosen as a finalist :D thanks.
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2004
    andy wrote:
    lynnie - could you link your images from your smug acct rather than uploading them as attachments to dgrin? it makes it easier for me when and if you get chosen as a finalist :D thanks.
    Absolutely!:D
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2004
    Can you put more than one photo up for comments?? Or just one??

ginger (Who may not have a photo this Challenge, a total disaster last night, etc.)

I do need walking through this new thing

To Quote Andy:

"Each image will have one photo in it"

(If you get famous Andy, I could submit that to Letterman, maybe, or I am reading it wrong?)
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited September 7, 2004
    fixed, ginger. thanks.
    yeah, i meant, "each thread will have one image in it"

thanks.
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Can you put more than one photo up for comments?? Or just one??

ginger (Who may not have a photo this Challenge, a total disaster last night, etc.)

I do need walking through this new thing

To Quote Andy:

"Each image will have one photo in it"

(If you get famous Andy, I could submit that to Letterman, maybe, or I am reading it wrong?)
  • Options
    tmlphototmlphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,444 Major grins
    edited September 7, 2004
    Good idea Andy. Keep up the good work.
    I think this is a good idea. It seems similar to the FM method, and that seems to work pretty well. I would keep the tips thread as well to allow for more back and forth discussion. Thanks again for the time you give to this challenge.clap.gif
    Thomas :D

TML Photography
    tmlphoto.com