Options

Canon does it right

cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
edited September 8, 2004 in Cameras
Sent in some rebate claims to Canon on the last day.... (procrastination) and I got 3 emails from CANONCAMERA.Rebate.Center@rebatesHQ.com today giving me the news that the 3 rebates are considered valid, serial numbers for each rebate and a link for checking the status of each.

Oh yea, before you ask....

24-70 f2.8L - $50
70-200 f2.8L - $50
EX420 Flash - $15

'Course, percentage-wise it isn't huge but $115 will pay for my spare battery.
Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph

Comments

• Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2004
    cmr164 wrote:
    Sent in some rebate claims to Canon on the last day.... (procrastination) and I got 3 emails from CANONCAMERA.Rebate.Center@rebatesHQ.com today giving me the news that the 3 rebates are considered valid, serial numbers for each rebate and a link for checking the status of each.

Oh yea, before you ask....

24-70 f2.8L - $50
    70-200 f2.8L - $50
    EX420 Flash - $15

'Course, percentage-wise it isn't huge but $115 will pay for my spare battery.
    That is great about the rebates, but can't you get a spare battery cheaper than that.

When I was buying my Canon Rebel and stuff for it, I was hanging around dPreview a lot. I heard of a place where you could get $50.00 batteries for some rediculously low price, and they are great batteries. I've had the canon battery along with the two spares from the cheap place, can't tell the difference, and that is since the first part of February.

They were really cheap, so much cheaper that I was tempted to just keep buying. I bought the two where I had planned on buying one spare.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited September 8, 2004
    ginger_55 wrote:
    That is great about the rebates, but can't you get a spare battery cheaper than that.

When I was buying my Canon Rebel and stuff for it, I was hanging around dPreview a lot. I heard of a place where you could get $50.00 batteries for some rediculously low price, and they are great batteries. I've had the canon battery along with the two spares from the cheap place, can't tell the difference, and that is since the first part of February.

They were really cheap, so much cheaper that I was tempted to just keep buying. I bought the two where I had planned on buying one spare.

ginger
    Until now no. The battery for the 1D 1DMII and 1DS is different from the dRebel. I do see that Adorama has just started shipping a clone battery for $80. Too late for me of course since I ordered mine 2.5 months ago.
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2004
    yes they do!
    cmr164 wrote:
    Until now no. The battery for the 1D 1DMII and 1DS is different from the dRebel. I do see that Adorama has just started shipping a clone battery for $80. Too late for me of course since I ordered mine 2.5 months ago.

i just got my rebate checks for my 16-35L and my 70-300L f/2.8 i.s. :D
  • Options
    edited September 8, 2004
    andy wrote:
    i just got my rebate checks for my 16-35L and my 70-300L f/2.8 i.s. :D
    very heavy

I'll bet that last lens is very heavy indeed. rolleyes1.gifrofl
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2004
    it's a freakin' beast
    cmr164 wrote:
    very heavy

I'll bet that last lens is very heavy indeed. rolleyes1.gifrofl

i love and hate that lens at the same time. sorta like my four kids.
  • Options
    edited September 8, 2004
    andy wrote:
    i love and hate that lens at the same time. sorta like my four kids.

Hmmm... I think you missed the joke. If you go back and read your post, you called it a 70-300 f2.8L IS (300!!). Knowing how big the 300 2.8L is, a zoom to that must be monstrous. As for the 70-200 2.8L IS... I have it also. The jury is still out as to whether that replaces my 100-400L IS ...