Manhattan morning to early afternoon

cmr164cmr164 Registered Users Posts: 1,542 Major grins
edited September 9, 2004 in Landscapes
So I took the train from Boston to Penn Station arriving at 9AM, cabbed over to the Chinese consulate, turned in my passport and visa form and was told to come back at 2PM. At 310PM I was on the train headed back with my passport/visa in hand. The following pictures represent a 4-4.5 hour time of wandering between 12th - Madison Ave and 34th - 47th st. With stops for rests, food, and even arguments with security droids.
All shots were with the 24-70 2.8L IS

The shot after this, I asked permission for and the guy in the hole was very concerned to make sure he put on his safety glasses.

IH9T3269.jpg

Double panes...
IH9T3300.jpg

In the midst of the city
IH9T3283.jpg

Cell phone....
IH9T3301.jpg

self portrait
IH9T3310.jpg

Time for a rest?
IH9T3342.jpg

The whole series with no cropping or levels or post of any kind can be seen at www.iisc.com/nyc_040907 I would be very interested in feedback
Charles Richmond IT & Security Consultant
Operating System Design, Drivers, Software
Villa Del Rio II, Talamban, Pit-os, Cebu, Ph

Comments

• FreeUpsFreeUps Registered Users Posts: 135 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2004
    Nice nice CMR.

I really like "in the midst". The harsh backlight is easy on the eyes, its a nice twist.

And, I'm a sucker for reflections, so I gotta love the self-portrait. I like the stretch it takes for my eyes to make it back to you.

The sleeping shots are always a good time. I love catching worn-out people in the process of taking a load off. Heres 2 from the past few weeks.

8258832-M.jpg

For these two below: Ya gotta love the annoying pigeon hovering around, but in #2 I like the empty surroundings. I dunno. What do ya think CMR?

8297115-M.jpg

8297022-M.jpg
    No time for the old in-out, love, I've just come to read the meter
  • damonffdamonff Registered Users Posts: 1,894 Major grins
    edited September 8, 2004
    I love #3 and #4. Really good street stuff. I can't wait to see your stuff from China.
  • ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited September 9, 2004
    Charles, I am a sucker for a cell phone. I would like to start collecting photos of people using cell phones............................don't know why.

So I really like that shot. The back lit shot with the flags comes to mind here now. I like the sleeping people, however........ that is Damon's specialty, is it not?rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif Yours are great too. Don't have to get permission for those, do you? And the guy working in the "hole". I don't see his security glasses, will take your word for it, smile.

Great photos. Why passport, etc. That tells how much I know? Do you live like in Canada? I need to make a list of facts.

gingerthumb.gif
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.