Options

Olypus C-5050Z ORF to TIFF or JPEG or Windows Bitmap

BodwickBodwick Registered Users Posts: 396 Major grins
edited September 11, 2004 in Cameras
This post is specific.
'saving and converting in Olympus RAW format from the C-5050' however the software will work with any ORF file.

The name Olympus chose to call its RAW files is ORF.

If you try and look at the properties of an ORF file in windows you will see nothing no size no date nothing.

A 5050 picture file size shot in RAW mode would be about 7 meg in it's RAW format as an ORF file. Once converted to a TIFF file format the size goes up to 28meg.

One way to convert an ORF file into say a TIFF format(the same is true to convert to JPEG) would be to get the free ORF Suite software 'Olympus Raw Format File Tool'. v1.26 is the latest but 1.25 is fine and I could not find where I got 1.26 from.

ORFSuite (V1.25)Paul Chase Dempsey
http://www.digitaldingus.com/e10club/e10downloads.html

There is also the Photoshop plugin for mac/windows here.

Bod.
"The important thing is to just take the picture with the lens you have when the picture happens."
Jerry Lodriguss - Sports Photographer

Reporters sans frontières

Comments

• Options
    BodwickBodwick Registered Users Posts: 396 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2004
    Second, how do I get them onto my computer.
    Plug in the USB cable and turn on the camera.

Your windows desktop should open a window called:- 100Olympus. If not go to the my computer icon on the desktop click and search for removable disk G H or whatever.

Click your way down into the camera's CF card untill you see your ORF files listed.

Now you know were your files are you can copy/drag or open into your new software as above and can start converting to TIFF or JPEG.

Bod.
    "The important thing is to just take the picture with the lens you have when the picture happens."
    Jerry Lodriguss - Sports Photographer

Reporters sans frontières
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2004
    Thanks Bodwick
    Bodwick wrote:
    Plug in the USB cable and turn on the camera.

Your windows desktop should open a window called:- 100Olympus. If not go to the my computer icon on the desktop click and search for removable disk G H or whatever.

Click your way down into the camera's CF card untill you see your ORF files listed.

Now you know were your files are you can copy/drag or open into your new software as above and can start converting to TIFF or JPEG.

Bod.

You are a real gem. I downloaded the stuff. I'm going to try to install it. I'll let you know if I have any problems.
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog