*Challenge 21: Windsor Castle

gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
edited September 13, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges

Comments

• Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited September 11, 2004
    Beautiful, Gubbs
    Why don't we have castles here in California? :D How can I compete when we have just ordinary buildings? Great job! I'm not familiar with night shooting at all, so I'm not the one to critique this. I find the trees a little dark, but I don't know if there is any way to get more detail. Longer exposure would probably overexpose the lights. Maybe this is what RAW can do... put more detail in the shadows. Then it can be brought out selectively? Don't know. I do like the picture, a lot. There is plenty of detail in the castle and the water is beautiful.
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • Options
    AltProAltPro Registered Users Posts: 478 Major grins

Gubbs,,,
    Here I am again in Explorer just to see your work...
    I loved the Strength of Windsor Castle when we were there, and as your photos often do, this one beckons forth some wonderful memories. But... I just don't see this one as your best work...

Tough to really see that it is in darkness... Except for the few lights at the lower rim of the hillside... and the few lights in the windows... I find myself looking for much more. Please don't be offended...?

ginette
    "In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    My, I never knew Windsor Castle had modern boats near it. Silly imagination I have. I used to read romances, just can't imagine the modern, except, of course, when it is the modern, such as a ferris wheel.

Gubbs, I have to agree................... not your best. I am not going to go into details, contrast:too much, too dark in places, funny water, ...............

ETc. I just brought back some stuff. Gosh, Gubbs, I tried, I uploaded the Rebel stuff for raw, I thought that I was shooting on RAW half of the time. Somehow I messed that up. I was going to surprise everyone.

Keep truckin, shootin' and photoshopin'. Nice to see a different view of London.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2004
    Thanks for all the comments, I was a bit dissapointed with these too! I was expecting the Castle to be floodlit. I walked around for a couple of hours looking for the best spot and eventually ended up sitting here for over an hour waiting for the lights to come on, it turns out they only turn them on on special occasions! ne_nau.gif