Options

Old town revisited

RocketManRocketMan Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
edited September 17, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
Headed back to old town Alex. yesterday to try a few more.
A blue doorway
Door-way.jpg

some guy hanging around at 5:30 under the lamp post (real freindly and cooperative i must say :D and hamdsome, too!)
shopwindow-1.jpg

Here he is again, in this one i purposely tried to give it that "old timely" look, like back when the world was all B&W (and shades of brown)
lamppost-1.jpg

and just for fun

mirror-1.jpg

RM
http://roadrunes.com
"It's better to bite the hand that feeds you, than to feed the hand that bites you" - Me :D

Comments

• Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited September 16, 2004
    The second one, good.thumb.gif Needs a bit of work, but straight up. I don't know what.

Someone will tell you, am on the run.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    edited September 16, 2004
    I like these Rocketman. I like the detail you were able to capture in the third one. I'm not sure about the redish color. Hmm, I actually think I like it. The man doesn't look as relaxed though. The lamp on the right is kind of bright and the trash behind it is also distracting. Maybe a crop?
    Back to the second one - The composition is a little more simple and I like the nice white light. The problem I see here is that the shadows are real black. Can you bring out some detail in the man's face and other completely black areas?
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • Options
    RocketManRocketMan Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    edited September 17, 2004
    Thanks for the input Ginger, Snappy and company , think I have my choices narrowed dwon totwo now touched up the first pic from my first thread as shown here

removed a bit of the green and brightened it up a tad
    boat-2-1.jpg

and tried to put a bit more detail in this one from the second posting without blowing out the white, then added the circular lens effect to center the subject. Think it may be a bit washed out now, though.
    man-lamp-2.jpg
    Don't if that works, but I figure no harm in trying stuff out, nothing like learning from your mistakes, right??:D

I'm leaning toward entering the boat pic, but we'll see...

RM
    http://roadrunes.com
    "It's better to bite the hand that feeds you, than to feed the hand that bites you" - Me :D