Linking to my images

MainFraggerMainFragger Registered Users Posts: 563 Major grins
edited October 23, 2004 in SmugMug Support
I've noticed in my Experiments gallery that people are going right to images without hitting the thumbnails. In some cases I am seeing high activity on one particular image. I suspect this means that someone has linked these images to a site or forum. Any way I can figure out which site or forum they are linked to?

MainFragger

Comments

• BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    edited September 16, 2004
    I've noticed in my Experiments gallery that people are going right to images without hitting the thumbnails. In some cases I am seeing high activity on one particular image. I suspect this means that someone has linked these images to a site or forum. Any way I can figure out which site or forum they are linked to?

MainFragger
    Unfortunately, at this time that involves digging through the logs, which is nasty... Sorry we don't have a better answer for you.

Thanks,
    Baldy
  • PerezDesignGroupPerezDesignGroup Registered Users Posts: 395 Major grins
    edited September 16, 2004
    Don't know if this helps or not but I did a search on Google for MainFragger and got a hit on the HBO forums. Check it out...

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=mozclient&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&q=mainfragger
    Canon Digital Rebel | Canon EOS 35mm | Yashica Electro GSN | Fed5B | Holga 35 MF

• MainFraggerMainFragger Registered Users Posts: 563 Major grins
    edited September 17, 2004
    Mayyyyyybe....
    Don't know if this helps or not but I did a search on Google for MainFragger and got a hit on the HBO forums. Check it out...

http://www.google.com/search?sourceid=mozclient&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8&q=mainfragger

But without even looking, I know that there are two forums on HBO.com that I post on..Carnivale, and Deadwood. Two very good shows. (I learned at DragonCon that Glen Shadrix is going to be in season 2 of Carnivale. That aught to be interesting. He's a good character actor.)

Anyway, I am sure I've listed my link there a few times. But not for the album that is getting the hits. Not only that, but the high volume of one particular image doesn't strike me as accidental traffic from there. Its not exactly one of my favorite images, so I can't even imagine why it is getting that kind of attention. Hence my curiosity to track where it is linked to.

I wish there was a way for our stats to list what other sites link to our images. This is as bad as when my parents use to tell me a cute sounding girl called me on the phone, but then never bothered to get her name and number. Grrrrrrrrr!

ne_nau.gif
  • QuinnPorterQuinnPorter Registered Users Posts: 25 Big grins
    edited September 17, 2004
    Take a look at statcounter.com. Sign up for a free account and they will give you code to insert in the header section of your smugmug site. The code allows statcounter to monitor the traffic on your smugmug site. You can then get traffic statistics, including the referring link for the most recent 100 hits on your site (you can pay to get a larger log if you want it).

Good Luck.
  • MainFraggerMainFragger Registered Users Posts: 563 Major grins
    edited October 23, 2004
    I tried this...
    Take a look at statcounter.com. Sign up for a free account and they will give you code to insert in the header section of your smugmug site. The code allows statcounter to monitor the traffic on your smugmug site. You can then get traffic statistics, including the referring link for the most recent 100 hits on your site (you can pay to get a larger log if you want it).

Good Luck.
    but havent gotten it to work. I tried putting it in my main header, and album headers..but get no stats..What am I missing?