edited September 18, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
Taken from the Hyatt Vancouver at sunrise

Comments

• Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2004
    srambus wrote:
    Taken from the Hyatt Vancouver at sunrise
    I love the colors in that sunrise shot. Perhaps the bldg could be straightened a bit, so it is not falling whichever way. I am not very good at that, have to have book open on my lap to do it.

Some people do it easily, or maybe it doesn't need doing. I am sure someone will be along on that shortly.

I do love the colors. And the nice sharp bldgs.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    Nice! I agree, maybe you could rotate it slightly ccw. Also, do you have access to any noise filtering programs like Neat Image? They could clean up the sky a bit.
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    DJ-S1 wrote:
    Nice! I agree, maybe you could rotate it slightly ccw. Also, do you have access to any noise filtering programs like Neat Image? They could clean up the sky a bit.
    I don't have one, but Bill just told me about one he uses. It has a 30 day free trial period, I might try it on Shem Creek over the weekend.

Our thread is on the group above this, not sure which one, but if interested, I could find out more. I don't have neat image, myself. I just want to clean up Shem Creek, this one is about 44.00, but as I said a free 30 day trial period. I would hope that there was no money upfront.

This is the URL:

http://home.att.net/~ncarboni/DigiPhoto.html

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    Ginger, Neat Image is free. thumb.gif

You can download the "demo" (the free version for non-commercial use) here.
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited September 16, 2004
    Lovely shot, scrambus (great handle!) Have you toyed with shedding a little more light on the very dark lower portions of the buildings - just add a little extra to see what it looks like? Love the grey feel and the look of the central building.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    PerezDesignGroupPerezDesignGroup Registered Users Posts: 395 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2004
    Nice shot. NeatImage and the noise aside, I have a slight recommendation. To me, the main subject is that rather large building you captured in the center. I feel that building on the left could be easily cropped out to clean up the iamge some more. Also, I would probably crop out some of the right (maybe a little after the ice rink?). Great work.
    Canon Digital Rebel | Canon EOS 35mm | Yashica Electro GSN | Fed5B | Holga 35 MF