Options

*Challenge 21: First night shoot

johnnydangerjohnnydanger Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
edited September 18, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
Here're a bunch of images I took this evening in my first night shooting attempt. Unfortunately, it was sunday night (no people or cars) and there was no moon. Oh well. I got some good textural stuff... I think. As usual I can't bear to pare down the shots, so here they all are!

CRW_8852_.jpg

CRW_8862_.jpg

CRW_8868_.jpg

CRW_8880_.jpg

CRW_8883_.jpg

CRW_8885_2_.jpg

CRW_8886_.jpg

CRW_8888._jpg

CRW_8893_.jpg

CRW_8903_.jpg

CRW_8905_.jpg

CRW_8910_.jpg

CRW_8914_.jpg

CRW_8921_.jpg
Some people are like Slinkies... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Comments

• Options
    RocketManRocketMan Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    edited September 13, 2004
    I think I like the first one the best, though I find the streak left by the passing car a bit disconcerting, I'd crop that out and make sure the picture is level along the bottom, any tilt when you have very straight line near an edge of the frame is very noticable. As to not being able to par them down, how well I know the feeling, critiquing your own stuff can be very difficult I have the same problem with both photos and well as my writing!:D

Allso kinda like the B&W stuff, esp the glass block shot.

RM
    http://roadrunes.com
    "It's better to bite the hand that feeds you, than to feed the hand that bites you" - Me :D
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2004
    I think you have some good shots here... I specially like numbers 1. 3. and 10.
    I've gotta get out and do some night shots too...:D
  • Options
    PerezDesignGroupPerezDesignGroup Registered Users Posts: 395 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2004
    I'm loving 4, 5 and 12 the most. Then again, I'm more on the artsy side of the fence. Great work!
    Canon Digital Rebel | Canon EOS 35mm | Yashica Electro GSN | Fed5B | Holga 35 MF