Plugin not found

Erik OlsenErik Olsen Registered Users Posts: 65 Big grins
edited September 18, 2004 in SmugMug Support
Hi,

I am now using FireFox, and it's great. However, when uploading images using Java-based batch uploading, the plugin for that can't be found.

Has anyone have any suggestions...

Thank you,

Erik Olsen
www.manevideo.com
Thank you,

Comments

• PerezDesignGroupPerezDesignGroup Registered Users Posts: 395 Major grins
    edited September 18, 2004
    Erik Olsen wrote:
    Hi,

I am now using FireFox, and it's great. However, when uploading images using Java-based batch uploading, the plugin for that can't be found.

Has anyone have any suggestions...

Thank you,

Erik Olsen
    www.manevideo.com
    I've been having the same problem. Unfortunately, Firefox and the new version of Java are not getting along. I've documented everything here. Hope it helps you out...

I just figured all this out today so I'm still in the process of testing these theories.
    Canon Digital Rebel | Canon EOS 35mm | Yashica Electro GSN | Fed5B | Holga 35 MF

• wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    I'm still muddling along with Firebird, and can only use the very last upload option on Smugmug - the Standard option. More clicks and such, but at least it works.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
    wxwax wrote:
    I'm still muddling along with Firebird, and can only use the very last upload option on Smugmug - the Standard option. More clicks and such, but at least it works.
    Me too and it's quite frustrating. I tried installing old Java 1.4.1_0.4 with no success. Did a System Restore and tried Java 1.4.1_0.5 also with no success. Tried adding the .reg file to my registry and still no success either. It's definitely not a Smugmug thing, though. USPS.com doesn't work either when I try printing shipping labels.

It should be noted I'm trying this all on version 0.9.2
    Canon Digital Rebel | Canon EOS 35mm | Yashica Electro GSN | Fed5B | Holga 35 MF

I just got it working on 0.9.2. I'll try 0.9.3 later at home.

Make sure all Java is removed/uninstalled.
    Install the registry hack after Java is gone. This must be done before doing the java install.
    Install the latest version of Java from www.java.com
    Uninstall Adblock! Very Important! Won't work if Java is installed.
    Restart Firefox and it should work.