Options

Ready to Sell My Almost NEW Nikon 5700 LN

AltProAltPro Registered Users Posts: 478 Major grins
edited September 18, 2004 in Flea Market
  • I am ready to sell my NIKON 5700 Coolpix.
  • Like New Condition (less than 6 months old).

• Works LIKE NEW.
  • Can send Photos.
  • Taking offers over $500.00
  • Will include Tube and Daylight Filter.
  • All manuals, box and CD's.
  • Sample of Photo Quality on Website: through the lens, ltd
  • IF purchased Prior to 15 September, I will include a 128 CF Card.

ginette
"In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."

Comments

• Options
    the fistthe fist Registered Users Posts: 19 Big grins
    edited September 1, 2004
    Interested...
    Sent you an email....
  • Options
    edited September 17, 2004
    Have Listed the Nikon 5700 on e-bay
    • I am ready to sell my NIKON 5700 Coolpix.Like New Condition (7 months old).
    Just Listed it on E-Bay

Take a Look at EVERYTHING it comes with on the E-Bay Site!
      8633933-L.jpg

8633926-L.jpg

8633929-L.jpg

8633931-L.jpg
      8633936-L.jpg

8633937-L.jpg
      Nikon CoolPix 5700 Gallery

[*]MINT CONDITION!!!
      [*]Works LIKE NEW!
      [*]Fantastic Camera... See all details at the E-Bay Listing.
      Sample of Photo Quality on Website: through the lens, ltd
      • Will include Tube and Daylight Filter.
      • All manuals, box and CD's.
      • Compact Flash Card 128 & 64
      • Adobe Active Share
      • Citadel Camera Bag
      • IF Final Bid exceeds $600.00, I will include Adobe PhotoShop Album

ginette
      "In the End, we will remember not the words of our enemies, but the silence of our friends."
    • Options
      GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
      edited September 18, 2004
      Your e-bay listing looks very nice, well done.

1 negative? tsk tsk!

Looks like you had a phsyco buyer.

Good luck selling it, you should have no problem, they seem to sell like hot cakes.

Can I ask, how easy is it to set the aperature and shutter speed when shooting in manual with this camera, what is the "tube" for? Why are you selling it?
    • Options
      About My little Nikon 5700
      GREAPER wrote:
      Your e-bay listing looks very nice, well done.
      1 negative? tsk tsk!
      Looks like you had a phsyco buyer.
      Good luck selling it, you should have no problem, they seem to sell like hot cakes.
      Can I ask, how easy is it to set the aperature and shutter speed when shooting in manual with this camera, what is the "tube" for? Why are you selling it?
      Greap,

Ugh, I hate writing up e-bay listings. Unless you use their pre-selections, then you have to write all the HTML code, which seems to take me forever. Glad you like it though, nice to hear that someone thinks it passes the muster...

One potential buyer from DGrin asked me about the lack of a focus ring... Oddly when using this camera, I never had a problem with the focus, and had never given the lack of a focus ring a second thought. The camera operates smoothly without a hitch. All of the buttons are so conveniently placed, that once you become familiar with the placement, you don't even need to look to change ISO, Flash, Image Size-File Size, Macro, etc. She fits nicely in the palm of your hand... Wonderful grip.

Until very recently, I was a dedicated and loyal "Film" user, and so I more often than not used the 5700 in manual mode... I can honestly say, it is very easy to use. intuitive. You press mode, then turn the dial to the setting you want, or press function and do the same. You can still have Auto Focus, yet set film speed, depth of field aperture, etc. Or you can choose everything as manual, or program your choices in. As I have said before, my only complaint with digitals, is the process time... And now I am finding that the 5700 is fairly quick with that time... I am just impatient.

Actually there are Two 52mm Tubes, and they have never been used. When I bought the camera, the fellow insisted I would need them...
      The Wide Angle Tube, and Telephoto Tube-- Both work with a magnifying lens also called a diopter lens. These are VERY inexpensive and come in a variety of strengths, usually from +1 - +4. A +1 will focus at 3ft and a +4 at 10". They will enable the user to get even closer in magnification to the subject... So they really have the potential of being quite cool. And honestly, I have used them a fair amount of times with my Nikon F2 and Nikormats, but just never did with the 5700. So, I am pasing them along with the camera they were purchased for.

as for selling the Camera... Well I decided when I got into the digital world that I would want medium format. That means Mamiya or similar... Only I can't afford that right now, so I just keep trading up, buying something just a couple of hunderd dollars more in value each time, until I get to the $3,500. range. Yes I know I lose money along the way, but I will gain experience using the different models, and that education is priceless... So, this is my third sale, and my fourth purchase. I just bought the Sony f828... Was going to go new, but went used when I was offered a deal too good to be true... Then the guy backed out, with my money in his account, but I kept a cool head, did a little research on Internet Interstate Fraud and sent the info to him... My Sony arrived in perfect condition on Wednesday... So now I really need to get the money back into my account, ASAP. In truth, I really don't want to sell the Nikon, that's why I dawdled listing it on e-bay... But finances are such that I don't have a choice, and I borrowed the money for the Sony, from my DaD, who lives with us, but is on a fixed SS income... So, in short something has to give.

To end this diatribe... I loved my 5700. And were you to hold her, and try her, you would know it... She really is Mint.

'nough said. Gotta run...
      ginette
    • Options
      lynnesitelynnesite Registered Users Posts: 747 Major grins
      AltPro wrote:
      Greap,

Actually there are Two 52mm Tubes, and they have never been used. When I bought the camera, the fellow insisted I would need them...
      The Wide Angle Tube, and Telephoto Tube-- Both work with a magnifying lens also called a diopter lens. These are VERY inexpensive and come in a variety of strengths, usually from +1 - +4. A +1 will focus at 3ft and a +4 at 10". They will enable the user to get even closer in magnification to the subject... So they really have the potential of being quite cool. And honestly, I have used them a fair amount of times with my Nikon F2 and Nikormats, but just never did with the 5700. So, I am pasing them along with the camera they were purchased for.

To end this diatribe... I loved my 5700. And were you to hold her, and try her, you would know it... She really is Mint.

for anyone considering the 5700, the following galleries are full of handheld natural light images taken with one (which I still own) including lots of macros with no tubes, sorry about the watermark:

http://www.photo.lynnesite.com/Outdoors/32240

4249745-M.jpg