Options

kodak potd - birthday gift

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited September 20, 2004 in Holy Macro
wow - i just got some email from kodak, they've chosen another of my pics for a potd

2565129-L.jpg

this is my wife, listening to sting of course ... look at her expresion :D

anyhow, the very cool thing is that the editors at kodak.com emailed me and asked "when is your wife's birthday?" i told them, december 14. the emailed me back, saying okay, her pic is going up dec 14th :wink now how cool is that? i just ordered some broadway show tickets, we'll do a little dinner at a fancy place i know of, and i think i'll arrange for an overnight sitter and maybe we'll stay at the waldorf or the plaza for the night too :lust :lust

enjoy (making your spouse deleriously happy) photography,

Comments

• Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited September 14, 2004
    Fantastic and congrats, Andy! Your wife is beautiful, and you captured her expression beautifully. I love the black and white on it, too.

That will be so exciting on her birthday. Are you going to be able to keep it a secret that long, or will she know, does she know already?

A wonderful photograph!

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    Oh wow... congratulations!!! fantastic shot. Have you told her??? Please don't forget to take pictures of the picture that night huh???
    2565129-S.jpg

by the way... hows yer roots...
  • Options
    lynnma wrote:

by the way... hows yer roots...
    Andy, Lynn, did he color his hair, too? Andy, you must keep those roots up.

:roll rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif :roll :roll

I love that laughing smiley! Thanks for the chance to use it.

OK, Andy, are you feeling better? (If you ever get your hair done, do it professionally and go in for "root" touch ups, Laughing.gif)

ginger

Still a really great shot of your wife!! Now for the roots..........???
  • Options
    its a surprise
    ginger_55 wrote:
    Andy, Lynn, did he color his hair, too? Andy, you must keep those roots up.

:roll rolleyes1.gifrolleyes1.gif :roll :roll

I love that laughing smiley! Thanks for the chance to use it.

OK, Andy, are you feeling better? (If you ever get your hair done, do it professionally and go in for "root" touch ups, Laughing.gif)

ginger

Still a really great shot of your wife!! Now for the roots..........???

more root canal tomorrow. ugh.
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    What a wonderful birthday surprise!!
    Broadway show, the Waldorf !! Wow, what a terrific husband you are. Oh, and a wonderful picture too. Congratulations... again!!!
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    Can you please delete this post before my wife sees it. You are setting a bad example.umph.gif

clap.gif
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    GREAPER wrote:
    Can you please delete this post before my wife sees it. You are setting a bad example.umph.gif

clap.gif
    Ha ha rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    snappy, i admit i have ulterior motives
    snapapple wrote:
    Broadway show, the Waldorf !! Wow, what a terrific husband you are. Oh, and a wonderful picture too. Congratulations... again!!!

i'm plainly just trying to get lucky!

for a while there, lynn's calendar babes kept me goin', y'know? but there's only so much the beauties from massachusetts can do for me. mwink.gif

isn't it terrible, with 4 kids, job, travel, etc that i have to make a plan 3 months out to seduce my wife. and that i need kodak to help! rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    andy wrote:

for a while there, lynn's calendar babes kept me goin', y'know? but there's only so much the beauties from massachusetts can do for me. mwink.gif

isn't it terrible, with 4 kids, job, travel, etc that i have to make a plan 3 months out to seduce my wife. and that i need kodak to help! rolleyes1.gif
    I have seen whole television shows on that subject. Lots of people are not getting lucky, not like they used to. smile.

Don't plan too much for that evening, you all are going to be exhausted when you get home.mwink.gif Kind of like expecting to get lucky on your wedding night!
    (I don't know many who have:roll )

OK, on to the root canal............. At least the root canals should be over with by next year at this time. I can't imagine having that many teeth.

Good luck, you were even sounding happier, etc.

ginger
  • Options
    DJ-S1DJ-S1 Registered Users Posts: 2,303 Major grins
    Awesome, congratulations! And good luck with your "plans", too. I myself have enough trouble planning that sort of thing a day ahead, let alone 3 months. And I only have 2 kids!

I'm really interested in figuring out some of the behind-the-scenes processes that go into making a great shot, I was wondering if you could post the original? There's a certain "something" that takes a good shot and elevates it, and I'm trying to get my head around it...
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited September 15, 2004
    Great shot andy, congratulations clap.gif
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    andy wrote:
    more root canal tomorrow. ugh.

Oh, you poor man. I hope you're done and resting by now. Yuch.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    ginger_55 wrote:
    I can't imagine having that many teeth.

ginger

rolleyes1.gif

:roll

Ah, the ravages of time, Ginger.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    andy wrote:

Hmmm, do you think I could get lucky if I take a really good picture of my husband, and win a contest? Maybe if I win a contest with a picture of Red? He'd like that. Red's really his dog. I think I'd have a better chance of winning with a photo of Red. Yes, I'll start planning it now. iloveyou.gif
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • Options
    but you women hold the keys dear
    snapapple wrote:
    Hmmm, do you think I could get lucky if I take a really good picture of my husband, and win a contest? Maybe if I win a contest with a picture of Red? He'd like that. Red's really his dog. I think I'd have a better chance of winning with a photo of Red. Yes, I'll start planning it now. iloveyou.gif

i doubt if you walked in *right now* on your husband and said "honey, let's ....." i doubt if he'd say no. seriously. give that a try and report back :D
  • Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    :D I bet yer right andy
  • Options
    SeeMoonSeeMoon Banned Posts: 355 Major grins
    edited September 20, 2004
    Good one Andy..again! Congrats! thumb.gif