do you remember? (part 3)

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited September 20, 2004 in Holy Macro
this is part 3 of "do you remember?" here are the previous posts, over on dpreview....

part 2 part 1

do you remember, walking along a lane in the woods or by the river, and stopping to look at the smallest pebble or insect or even a bottle cap? do you remember when you didn't have to worry about the mortgage, the job, college, final exams, the boss, the car, etc etc? do you remember a time when innocence was the order of the day? do you remember "making your own fun" and not having it dished out to you by the computer, tv, or video games?

today was a great day. all shots with my ir-modified sony f828 (*), hoya f72 aboard. 18% toning layer (**) applied in post after simple bw conversion (***) and levels adjustment. taken in full sun, 12 o'clock noon. i love ir.

8441358-L.jpg

8441359-L.jpg

8441357-L.jpg

8441360-L.jpg

this last one is actually part of an assignment for a client,
that's indian point nuclear plant in the far off distance. it's
nice to be able to mix work and pleasure!

(*) ir-modified 828 info here and here

(**) luminosity toning here

(***) a week's worth of reading on b&w tips / techinques, here

enjoy (remembering) photography,

Comments

• ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited September 20, 2004
    andy wrote:
    this is part 3 of "do you remember?" here are the previous posts, over on dpreview....

part 2 part 1

do you remember, walking along a lane in the woods or by the river, and stopping to look at the smallest pebble or insect or even a bottle cap? do you remember when you didn't have to worry about the mortgage, the job, college, final exams, the boss, the car, etc etc? do you remember a time when innocence was the order of the day? do you remember "making your own fun" and not having it dished out to you by the computer, tv, or video games?

today was a great day. all shots with my ir-modified sony f828 (*), hoya f72 aboard. 18% toning layer (**) applied in post after simple bw conversion (***) and levels adjustment. taken in full sun, 12 o'clock noon. i love ir.

this last one is actually part of an assignment for a client,
    that's indian point nuclear plant in the far off distance. it's
    nice to be able to mix work and pleasure!

(*) ir-modified 828 info here and here

(**) luminosity toning here

(***) a week's worth of reading on b&w tips / techinques, here

enjoy (remembering) photography,

Andy, I have to make some phone calls, will get back to this, but I do remember this thread, it was when you were having major tooth pain.

I remember thinking you were on some pretty heavy pain killers, great shots, though a little "white"...............need some more contrast, don't you think?
    Maybe not.

Yes, I do, I remember, then I remember other things............so I am not sure.
    I hate being poor, I was a rich kid, and I had a friend, but not the popular one, and I was chased home from school regularly by boys throwing rocks. I was too embarrassed to tell anyone.

So, I had some problems answering this. I certainly do look back with fondness to not having grave financial fears, to knowing I would "always" have a car, etc. My wonders, they were secret.

I remember more my grandchild, one in particular, he loved rocks, just a toddler. My father would visit him once a year, my father was still alive (late 80s), and this old man and a toddler would go look for rocks by the side of the street. A sweet memory.

I think that is what you have captured.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited September 20, 2004
    Andy.. I still walk alone and with friends up wooded paths at dawn... stop to look at the tiniest pebble.. stand stock still and listen to a white throated sparrow and reply to his call.. it never fails to bring tears to my eyes, that little tremor at the end of his voice.
    Sit for a time a watch the birds come to drink from my bird bath.. my responsibility is to make sure it's pristine sparkly clean for them.. when they tip their little heads back to drink the tears spring again.
    Imagine three middle aged women on thier hands and knees eating blue berries from the bush with our teeth.. we wanted to know how it felt to be a bear. Sitting in the rain on a wet log and playing Charades and then making hot cocoa.. I'ts great to be 58 years old and have some time to look and feel instead of rushing from place to place trying to gain some control over life...
    7532719-S.jpg

Ok.. enough of that... time to put the suit back on and go to work, for an hour or so.....:D