Options

The Art of A Fire Truck

dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
edited September 21, 2004 in Landscapes
I started a new job 2 weeks ago, and its been great. I finally have my nights, weekends and life back. I've been able to start working on some photo projects this weekend that I have put on hold for the last few months. One project I call "The Art of A Fire Truck."

Here are a few shots from this weekend. Comments & suggestions are always welcome.

8772034-M.jpg

8772156-M.jpg

8772087-M.jpg

There will be more to come. I'm going to try and stop by the local Fire House this week for more shots.

Dave

Comments

• Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited September 20, 2004
    clap.gif Congratuations on your life change, dkapp! I like the last one. And more to come... must feel as though you've been released from prison.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    edited September 21, 2004
    wxwax wrote:
    clap.gif Congratuations on your life change, dkapp! I like the last one. And more to come... must feel as though you've been released from prison.

Thanks for the comments. I've been in San Francisco for just over a year now, and I'm finally able to enjoy it. It's a good feeling to go home from work and actually be finished working!

I have a few other photo projects that I'm working on, and I'm really excited. We did a lot of exploring this weekend and I've already made a list of places we will return next weekend because we ran out of time.

Dave
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,696 moderator
    dkapp wrote:
    Thanks for the comments. I've been in San Francisco for just over a year now, and I'm finally able to enjoy it. It's a good feeling to go home from work and actually be finished working!

I have a few other photo projects that I'm working on, and I'm really excited. We did a lot of exploring this weekend and I've already made a list of places we will return next weekend because we ran out of time.

Dave
    I loved your fire truck images. Photographing working firemen can be a real inspiration and produce great images. Hope to see some of your truck pictures showing the trucks and the men in action too.
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    pathfinder wrote:
    I loved your fire truck images. Photographing working firemen can be a real inspiration and produce great images. Hope to see some of your truck pictures showing the trucks and the men in action too.

I've always loved everything about the firemen & trucks. This is a picture from the first few days with my D70. I love to get them working, but thats easier said than done. I'm just lucky the neighbor can't cook :)

3620427-M.jpg

The rest from that day can be found in the gallery:
    http://davidkapp.smugmug.com/gallery/102758

Thanks,
    Dave
  • Options
    PerezDesignGroupPerezDesignGroup Registered Users Posts: 395 Major grins
    Nice work as always. thumb.gif I would love to see even closer and more abstract images from the fire truck. Though it might be kinda tough with all that chrome.
    Canon Digital Rebel | Canon EOS 35mm | Yashica Electro GSN | Fed5B | Holga 35 MF