Options

ch>61 Abstract fabric study

wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
edited March 28, 2006 in The Dgrin Challenges
I've posted one shot to in the challenge entry thread but I'm still playing with ideas.

61911926-L.jpg

Tulle fabric backlight with flash. There is a somewhat soft look to the shot but it isn't - shot at f28 - the multiple layers of the netting give a "moire" effect.

Kind-of has an "organic" look to it, doesn't it?
john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
Edward Steichen

Comments

• Options
    ultravoxultravox Registered Users Posts: 776 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2006
    great one but the ch.61 post is far better. I must confess that from the first moment I was sure that is a killer one and i have the same feeling about it.biggrinbounce2.gifylsuper.gif
    Cristian.
    [SIZE=-1]It's nice to be important, but it's more important to be nice. - John Lennon.[/SIZE]
  • Options
    RichardRichard Administrators, Vanilla Admin Posts: 19,937 moderator
    edited March 28, 2006

Kind-of has an "organic" look to it, doesn't it?
    Yes, it does. I like this one a lot. thumb.gif It is interesting and seems to have the perfect little bit of color for the challenge. Is the large white spot intentional or just blown? Might it be improved if the pattern of the fabric could be seen there? ne_nau.gif

Cheers,
  • Options
    wholenewlightwholenewlight Registered Users Posts: 1,529 Major grins
    edited March 28, 2006
    rsinmadrid wrote:
    Yes, it does. I like this one a lot. thumb.gif It is interesting and seems to have the perfect little bit of color for the challenge. Is the large white spot intentional or just blown? Might it be improved if the pattern of the fabric could be seen there? ne_nau.gif

Cheers,

Totally blown - it's where the flash was sitting pointing at the lens - you can see the vertical rectangular shape of the light. But it was intentional I guess - I was thinking somewhat sunset'like. Maybe I can try a reshoot
    john w

I knew, of course, that trees and plants had roots, stems, bark, branches and foliage that reached up toward the light. But I was coming to realize that the real magician was light itself.
    Edward Steichen