Options

ATTN Greaper or someone

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited September 22, 2004 in Finishing School
What is the Virtual Photographer download site again? If you don't have that handy, I will try to find it. I had forgotten all about it, and it is not on my CS.

But I do have a question on the Selective Color thing in PS. There are certain ones labeled with the color, then there is the bottom thing. Is the bottom the black?

And when I select a color that is in the list on the pull down menu, which slider controls it? The bottom one? Do the others do anything to that color?

ginger

If you have time
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• Options
    PerezDesignGroupPerezDesignGroup Registered Users Posts: 395 Major grins
    edited September 22, 2004
    ginger_55 wrote:
    What is the Virtual Photographer download site again? If you don't have that handy, I will try to find it. I had forgotten all about it, and it is not on my CS.
    http://www.optikvervelabs.com/default.asp :D
    Canon Digital Rebel | Canon EOS 35mm | Yashica Electro GSN | Fed5B | Holga 35 MF

• Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    Thanks muchly. It is appreciated.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    Let me see if I can explain what I dont understand ... :D

When I increased the black I chose Black from the drop down menu in selective color. Then I moved the Black color slider. This was done after I changed it to black and white.

If you Use the selective channel adjustment on a color image then the drop down color you select changes what range of colors is affected by your adjustment.

If you use the selective chanel adjustment on a black and white image, the only ones that seem to have an effect are the black, Neutral and white from the drop down menu. But if you have any of these three selected and move the color sliders they give the image a color tone in the color you are adjusting.

For example if you have a B n W image, you choose white from the drop down list and adjust the yellow slider it will alter the WHITE areas of your image. All the way to the right gives the light areas of your image a yellow tint, sliding it to the left decreases the yellow, leaving a blue tint.

If you play with it for a few minutes trying different things you may see creative posiblities but adjusting these colos.

Black in the drop