Options

SOLD: Impeccable Canon EOS 20D + extras!

F45F45 Registered Users Posts: 225 Major grins
edited March 29, 2006 in Flea Market
Good Day All,

I’m selling my Canon EOS 20D 8.2 MP DSLR and all of the related accessories that I have. The camera was purchased last summer and is in impeccable condition. I have literally fired off less than 500 actuations! I have predominantly been using my Hassy and 4x5 but use the 20D when digital files are required. As such I’m in the process of purchasing the 1DS Mark II because the higher resolution is now a necessity. I have been witness to one too many scams from on-line transactions including Ebay and Amazon, so I’m offering the following as my best attempt to show honesty and sincerity since I do not have any accounts that would show you any feedback or whatever the common method of proving one’s personal character…
To anyone considering purchasing this package, I will first email a scanned image of my driver’s license and phone number (I’m listed in the Las Vegas phone book). I will pay for overnight shipping of your payment to me and overnight shipping/insurance of the camera package to you. Both will require an acceptance signature and provide a tracking number. Cash, check or MO is accepted but I will need to wait for bank clearance on check/MO before I send the package.

The following will be included in the package…

1) 1 Canon EOS 20D 8.2 MP digital SLR (including Li-ion battery, charger, AA battery adapter/holder, cables, neck-strap, original bill of sale and all literature. No box or software)
2) 1 Canon BG-E2 battery grip
3) 1 extra Canon Li-ion battery (total of two batteries in package)
4) 1 Lexar 1GB 80x compact flash card
5) 1 Canon TC-80N3 cable release
6) 1 double DVD “Canon 20D made easy Volumes 1 & 2”
7) 1 DVD “Introduction to the Canon 20D”
8) 1 Canon 70-210 F4 EF telephoto/macro zoom lens
9) Overnight shipping/insurance of package from me and overnight shipping of payment from you anywhere in the lower 48 (all other locations are open but will have to be negotiated)

Total price $1450.00 USD

This is a very fair offer from a very honest man. If you have any suggestions regarding something else that I might do to prove that I will follow through on every word above, please let me know.

Thanks for looking!
Chris.
Cheers,

Chris Sedg. :cool
www.christophersedgwick.com

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2006
    F45 wrote:
    This is a very fair offer from a very honest man. If you have any suggestions regarding something else that I might do to prove that I will follow through on every word above, please let me know.

Yeah, I do - how about some references of folks you've dealt with, professionally? Do you have a website? What's your studio name? Are you listed in the local photog's association? Any smart buyer would want to be able to check these sorts of things out.

I hope this helps, and good luck with your sale.
  • Options
    ScottMcLeodScottMcLeod Registered Users Posts: 753 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2006
    Interested, but I only need the camera, grip, extra battery, cable release, and memory card.

No use for the various DVD's, and no use for the 70-210 f/4.

Lemme know if you decide to part it up.

(oh, and i'm in Canada)
    - Scott
    http://framebyframe.ca
    [Bodies] Canon EOS 20D - Canon EOS 500
    [Lenses] Sigma APO 70-200 f/2.8 - Canon EF 85mm f/1.8 - Canon EF 50mm f/1.8 - Tamron XR Di 28-75mm f/2.8 - Canon EF-S 18-55mm f/3.5-5.6
    [Flash] Sigma EF500 Super DG Flash
    [Tripod]
    Manfrotto 055 Pro Black
    [Head] 484RC2, 200RC2
  • Options
    edited March 29, 2006
    Andy wrote:
    Yeah, I do - how about some references of folks you've dealt with, professionally? Do you have a website? What's your studio name? Are you listed in the local photog's association?
    Thanks for the suggestions and the PMs that I received from others. I will be back on-line tonight after 6:30 PM PST and will have some links and hopefully pics but until then I want to respond to Andy's suggestions.
    I don't have a website (yet) and am not a member of any photog associations but I could come up with some professional references. I don't know if anyone cares for that or not because I'm not in the business of selling things so the references would only be character references and to be honest, I wouldn't think that would hold much water as anyone could say anything over the phone. I fully understand Andy's point however and I realize that I have a lot against me being so new and unproven. I think giving my driver's license and phone number is a good start though. I've never seen that offered before. I could also give my work number and address if you think that might help.
    I was asked about payments from a PM that I received earlier and I responded that maybe I should open a Paypal account or something (I'll pay the 3% or whatever the fees are). Would that be helpful? I think a great business model would be to open "escrow depots" around the country where people could send merchandise to be checked and varified so private on-line transactions could be performed without the scammers!
    Thanks for the replies and interest!
    By the way, to answer the question regarding splitting the package...no, sorry I want to keep everything together as the need for any of the items (other than the cable release) becomes less and less once the camera is sold!
    Thanks again to everyone!
    Chris.
    Cheers,

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2006
    F45 wrote:
    I could also give my work number and address if you think that might help.

Yep - all good thumb.gif My first online lens purchase was from a guy who has zero feedback anywhere, never sold online, etc etc. I ended up speaking to him at his place of work, it happened to be a US Post Office and I was able to lookup the postmaster in this town, and check the man out. Turned out to be a great deal, and a fantastic transaction.
  • Options
    photobugphotobug Registered Users Posts: 633 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2006
    F45 wrote:
    I was asked about payments from a PM that I received earlier and I responded that maybe I should open a Paypal account or something (I'll pay the 3% or whatever the fees are). Would that be helpful?
    YES! PayPal is a great way to do some business while you build up those critical initial references. Remember, PayPal offers some protection guarantees to the seller and (especially) the buyer, making buyers more comfortable with "new" sellers.

Welcome to DGrin!

= Dave
    Canon EOS 7D ........ 24-105 f/4L | 50 f/1.4 | 70-200 f/2.8L IS + 1.4x II TC ........ 580EX
    Supported by: Benro C-298 Flexpod tripod, MC96 monopod, Induro PHQ1 head
    Also play with: studio strobes, umbrellas, softboxes, ...and a partridge in a pear tree...

• Options
    edited March 29, 2006
    photobug wrote:
    YES! PayPal is a great way to do some business while you build up those critical initial references.

Well folks, I'm taking the advice of GTC and deleting this post (thanks for watching out for me mate!)
    The good news is that the package has been sold!!

Thanks again everyone for looking!
    Talk to you soon,
    Chris.
    Cheers,

• Options
    gtcgtc Registered Users Posts: 916 Major grins
    edited March 29, 2006
    too much info!
    i think you have gone too far-putting your name and details on the web ,as well as your shift details, is an invitation for someone to drop by and relieve you of your gear whilst you are at work.

if i were you i would delete your last message!
    Latitude: 37° 52'South
    Longitude: 145° 08'East

Canon 20d,EFS-60mm Macro,Canon 85mm/1.8. Pentax Spotmatic SP,Pentax Super Takumars 50/1.4 &135/3.5,Pentax Super-Multi-Coated Takumars 200/4 ,300/4,400/5.6,Sigma 600/8.