*Challenge 22, Alone, "Empty Harbor"

dugmardugmar Registered Users Posts: 756 Major grins
edited September 23, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
8832682-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    R&RR&R Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
    edited September 22, 2004
    I really like this shot. I always have liked reflections off the water in pictures. What kind of camera do you use?

Rich
  • Options
    Thanks. Canon Digital Rebel is what I currently use.

Doug
  • Options
    PerezDesignGroupPerezDesignGroup Registered Users Posts: 395 Major grins
    Not much to say here. It's Beautiful! You've got the composition down pat. I would love to see a little more of the house on the left. I think it would help balance the pic out a bit more. BUt great work!

I really love the way this looks inverted. I hope you don't mind me messing with it a bit
    Canon Digital Rebel | Canon EOS 35mm | Yashica Electro GSN | Fed5B | Holga 35 MF

• Options
    landrumlandrum Registered Users Posts: 285 Major grins
    edited September 23, 2004
    Beautiful photo, but I too would like to see more of the house on the left. It bothers me a little... just one of my quirks I guess. :D

Laurie
    Laurie :smooch

www.PhotoByLaurie.com
  • Options
    landrumlandrum Registered Users Posts: 285 Major grins
    me again...maybe add some greenery over the very left of the house to balance it out?ne_nau.gif

Laurie
    Laurie :smooch

www.PhotoByLaurie.com
  • Options
    Not much to say here. It's Beautiful! You've got the composition down pat. I would love to see a little more of the house on the left. I think it would help balance the pic out a bit more. BUt great work!

I really love the way this looks inverted. I hope you don't mind me messing with it a bit
    That's pretty cool!
  • Options
    RocketManRocketMan Registered Users Posts: 236 Major grins
    I've always been a real sucker for shots of boats and water and really like the reflection of the pier and boat. If it were me, I'd prob. try to lighten some of the darker areas, pier and trees without increasing the shy any, the brightness of the upper part of the frame in contrast to the rest of the photo is bit harsh, maybe because there is so much bright sky. Or maybe decrease the sky's brightness a bit. I wouldn't crop any of it out though or you would lose the balance of seeing the entire mast both above and in the reflection.
    Nice photo none the less.clap.gif

RM
    http://roadrunes.com
    "It's better to bite the hand that feeds you, than to feed the hand that bites you" - Me :D
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    Really good photo. I would like to see something to set the boat off a bit from the houses and stuff.

I am not sure what, or if, would work. There is darkening the background, one of my favorites. There is blurring, a less favorite way to separate, for me. In nature, blurring is not static, on PS, it seems to be. What about a gradient layer, some contrast on the boat, etc.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.