Options

Wi-Fi networks

gusgus Registered Users Posts: 16,209 Major grins
edited February 4, 2004 in The Big Picture
Anyone using this ? Are there many nodes for uploading around in the US & other areas ? No talk of them here. From what i can work out is that you have to be within 160 meters from a node so i assume that they are at sporting venues for press photographers.

Comments

• Options
    dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
    edited February 4, 2004
    Humungus wrote:
    Anyone using this ? Are there many nodes for uploading around in the US & other areas ? No talk of them here. From what i can work out is that you have to be within 160 meters from a node so i assume that they are at sporting venues for press photographers.

I live in San Francisco and there are plenty of WiFi hotspots to jump on when you need a connection. I know t-mobile has a partnership with Borders and Starbucks across the country. This is a pay service, and I think the price is around $30/month for an annual subscription. They do have daily and hourly rates if you will only use it occasionally.

http://www.wifi411.com/

That is a good site that keeps track of public and private hotspots in the major areas of the US.

I am not sure about WiFi at sporting events, but you would think something would be available for the reporters.

Dave