Options

Monitor woes

BBonesBBones Registered Users Posts: 580 Major grins
edited April 2, 2006 in Digital Darkroom
ACK, I got my new shiny HP laptop with 17 inch Ultra Bright screen....sweet deal right?

When I plug it into my HP 23" monitor the colors on that monitor are positively horrid! I have tried their ICC profiles, sRGB makes things even worse, I am wondering if it is the dual monitor support on the NVidia card built in. On my old laptop colors came out great, but after about an hour of toying with the monitor connected to the new laptop I am beynd frustrated, I can't seem to get the color white at all, it is always purplish or yellowish. The 17 inch laptop display will do for now while I try to figure this out, but I need the 23 inch display to work, no way I want it to turn into a boat anchor here.

Outside of saying, Get a Spyder, do you have a thought?

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited March 31, 2006
    BBones wrote:
    Outside of saying, Get a Spyder, do you have a thought?

Yeah, get Huey naughty.gif
    http://dgrin.smugmug.com/gallery/1174347

I'm not too hip on the whole graphics card stuff, others may have good advice for you there...
  • Options
    ian408ian408 Administrators Posts: 21,913 moderator
    edited April 2, 2006
    When you look at the settings for the monitor, does it show the correct
    monitor? Have you tried installing/upgrading or re-installing the drivers
    for the monitor?

Usually, when something like this happens, it's because the system's plug
    and pray didn't quite work.
    Moderator Journeys/Sports/Big Picture :: Need some help with dgrin?
  • Options
    photobugphotobug Registered Users Posts: 633 Major grins
    edited April 2, 2006
    BBones wrote:
    When I plug it into my HP 23" monitor the colors on that monitor are positively horrid! I have tried their ICC profiles, sRGB makes things even worse, I am wondering if it is the dual monitor support on the NVidia card built in. ....Outside of saying, Get a Spyder, do you have a thought?
    This is a long shot, but are you using a VGA (15-pin D connector) cable, or are you using a cable that terminates at BNC connectors at the monitor?

'Cause if it's the latter, perhaps you got two of the RGB signals mixed up at the monitor? (I've done that with composite video cables in my home theater gear)
    Canon EOS 7D ........ 24-105 f/4L | 50 f/1.4 | 70-200 f/2.8L IS + 1.4x II TC ........ 580EX
    Supported by: Benro C-298 Flexpod tripod, MC96 monopod, Induro PHQ1 head
    Also play with: studio strobes, umbrellas, softboxes, ...and a partridge in a pear tree...