A quiet moment on the rocks.
8998173-L.jpg

Playing together

8999621-L.jpg

Comments

• Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited September 25, 2004
    I like the first one Lynnma, Great texture and detail front to back. Great depth of feild.
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    GREAPER wrote:
    I like the first one Lynnma, Great texture and detail front to back. Great depth of feild.
    thanks greap...
  • Options
    dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
    I agree with Greaper and like the first one better. The second one has a lot of blown highlights that are distracting. It looks like you may have lost them in post? If you post the original color file, maybe we can figure out a way to get the detail back.

Dave
  • Options
    digismiledigismile Registered Users Posts: 955 Major grins
    Definitely like the composition of the first photo.thumb.gif On my monitor, the picture is a little dark. I would like to see slightly less contrast and more midtones upper mid tones. I think it would give it a softer more tranquil feel.

Brad
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    Thanks guys for the comments... really appreciate them.

I'm not sure about this one either... I thought maybe it would look better in black and white...

9003232-L.jpg
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,698 moderator
    digismile wrote:
    Definitely like the composition of the first photo.thumb.gif On my monitor, the picture is a little dark. I would like to see slightly less contrast and more midtones upper mid tones. I think it would give it a softer more tranquil feel.

Brad

I agree that a softer, less contrasty tonality might give it a softer look, but the original seems to have been shot in harsh sun with backlighting, so it may be difficult to make the image real soft light - diffuse glow maybe? Lynn IS the expert at that!
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin