Options

MOJA Concert

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited October 24, 2004 in People
9016857-L.jpg

I have one picture. These files are HUGE. One of them is too big to download. A group of about 5 or 6 takes 1/2 hour. Do you all download files that big to smugmug, and then to here.

It was a great concert. It is late/early. I finally decided that I want to see these.

ginger (I have no clue as to what I am doing when I work these photos up.)

9016891-L.jpg

This a picture of where the concert was. It belongs to the College of Charleston. It is called the Cistern. I love it! Live oaks, moss, just a good feeling. For this concert they had round tables with chairs. The other ones I have been to here, they have had just the folding chairs in rows. General admission, so there is usually a line of early arrivals looking for the perfect seat.
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2004
    ginger_55 wrote:
    9016857-S.jpg

I have one picture. These files are HUGE. One of them is too big to download. A group of about 5 or 6 takes 1/2 hour. Do you all download files that big to smugmug, and then to here.

It was a great concert. It is late/early. I finally decided that I want to see these.

1/30th sec, f/5.6, iso 1600, -2/3s exposure compensation. you listen good, girlie! i like this pic, a lot. the movement of the sax does it for me. nice work.

ginger, dear: if you are only uploading for display purposes (not for print sale) you could simply do the following:

1. normal workflow in photoshop at home. save the file as a psd or full size jpg.

2. resize the pic to 800px on the longest side. don't forget your noise reduction or sharpening etc.

3. choose save-as under the file menu, save as filename-800px or some such name, and choose compression level 7 or 8 on the ensuing menu.

4. upload this much smaller file to smugmug (it'll be about 100 to 150 kb) vs the 1.5mb that your sax player was.

capisce?
  • Options
    Hand held the 79-300 IS
    9016922-L.jpg

9017222-L.jpg

9016694-L.jpg
  • Options
    tmlphototmlphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,444 Major grins
    Cool shots Ginger, thanks for sharing.
    Thomas :D

TML Photography
    tmlphoto.com
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    Yes Ginger.. great shots all of them.clap.gif
  • Options
    digismiledigismile Registered Users Posts: 955 Major grins
    Great shots ginger! I wish more places around here let you take photos during concerts. Most of our venues don`t even allow small pocket cameras (if they find them) let alone a D-SLR.

Looked like a fantastic time.

Brad
  • Options
    digismile wrote:
    Great shots ginger! I wish more places around here let you take photos during concerts. Most of our venues don`t even allow small pocket cameras (if they find them) let alone a D-SLR.

Looked like a fantastic time.

Brad
    Maybe because it is outdoors? Here. I had a ball. I get brave when I have a camera. I was as close as we could get in a non reserved table, about 50 yards, Bill said. But I was all over the place before I was through.

A pro photographer decided I needed a flash, he put one of his on my camera, then he couldn't get it off, Laughing.gif, he had to take off to get some pictures as the sax guy went off through the crowd........he probably thought he might lose his strobe. He wasn't going to lose anything, I waited a sec or so, then I was right behind him.

After the sax guy went back to the stage he got his strobe off of my camera. I kept telling him that my "professor" didn't want me using a strobe, that I was shooting RAW and was getting what I needed, just enjoying myself. We couldn't hear each other............the noise for him, and I had my hearing aids turned half down as the music was actually so loud it would have cut out my aids.

I even went behind the stage, nothing back there, but the pro came back,too. I thought gee, must be something when a pro is curious that I have something he is missing.

I was carrying my purse, my camera bag and a jacket. I thought about events and experiences I read about in DC and NYC. I don't think we have a homeland security here. It sure was fun.

ginger

Thanks for looking and commenting on the photos. I have more, but I decided "more" might be too much. I might change, and/or, add to this thing, if I get bored. I have several with the super blur, remember, I do like that. I was taking those when that guy put the strobe on my camera.

And the close up head shots, lots of those. Also I sat down and shot up a lot, got rid of the backgroud. Unless I wanted it.
  • Options
    Oh, great music, too. He is Kirk Whalum. I knew I would be tempted to buy a CD, but I looked him up on iTunes, before we went. I can get his music there.

ginger

(I haven't been to the Cistern in a couple of years. Most events there are close to $50.00 a piece, this was $18.00, and the best I have heard/seen in that place.)
  • Options
    digismiledigismile Registered Users Posts: 955 Major grins
    "Professor" Andy ... I like it rolleyes1.gif
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    Great shots Ginger....
    These are wonderful. Sounds like you had a good time. Nice to see what can be done without a tripod.
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • Options
    happysnapperhappysnapper Registered Users Posts: 224 Major grins
    edited October 24, 2004
    ginger_55 wrote:
    9016857-L.jpg

This a picture of where the concert was. It belongs to the College of Charleston. It is called the Cistern. I love it! Live oaks, moss, just a good feeling. For this concert they had round tables with chairs. The other ones I have been to here, they have had just the folding chairs in rows. General admission, so there is usually a line of early arrivals looking for the perfect seat.

I love this shot Ginger, I can almost hear the music. I am really getting into the motion blur effect and love this touch in your photo.

Yvette
    :roflhappily snapping
  • Options
    edited October 24, 2004
    Thanks, Yvette. That was a "very good night", as they say. Great music and fun with the photography.

ginger