Options

let's have lunch in central park, hmm?

AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
edited September 26, 2004 in Wildlife
yesterday, i took my ir-modified sony 828 (*) out for a lunchtime walk in nyc's central park.

here's what i came up with:

3782768-M.jpg

3782770-M.jpg

3788446-M.jpg

it shoots regular color, too :wink
3788445-M.jpg

3788447-M.jpg

3782766-M.jpg

* all the info you need on the modificaiton is right here

enjoy (full control manual ir) photography, :andy

Comments

• Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited September 20, 2004
    Yikes, i can't believe I never commented on thse. They're wonderful examples of IR phtography. Because of your lead I bought a camera and will have it converted to IR. It should be an interesting learning experience.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    congrats, sid :)
    wxwax wrote:
    Yikes, i can't believe I never commented on thse. They're wonderful examples of IR phtography. Because of your lead I bought a camera and will have it converted to IR. It should be an interesting learning experience.

dan over at maxmax.com is great to work with. when you get it, let me kown and i'll hep you out if you need it.

btw - tell dan over at maxmax that i referred you, and "could he extend the same offer as other referrals by andy, a free xnite-cc1 color correction filter?"

you should also buy the xnite xdp filter - it lets some color in. i use it, or a hoya r72, as my ir filters of choice.
  • Options
    ArkiArki Registered Users Posts: 10 Big grins
    Question regarding IR
    First - those pictures are amazing. I live right on the edge of Central Park so I'm very familair with the exact locations. Can this be done with a Nikon 5700? Thanks.

Steve
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    I love that wedding photographer shot, just love it, would that it were in my collection.

I wonder if I could get a wedding photographer to do that.

These are the first ones I haven't seen before. I must have been very new or not here when you posted these.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    in with nikon 5700 for arki
    Arki wrote:
    First - those pictures are amazing. I live right on the edge of Central Park so I'm very familair with the exact locations. Can this be done with a Nikon 5700? Thanks.

Steve

steve, look thru the threads right here on dpreview's "nikon talk forum"

thanks for the very kind words,
  • Options
    snapapplesnapapple Registered Users Posts: 2,093 Major grins
    Wow! Knocked my socks off again...
    Beautiful shots all. Where was this thread hiding? So glad it has been brought to the fore. I feel like I just took a refreshing walk through the park. Thanks Andy.
    "A wise man will make more opportunities than he finds." - Francis Bacon
    Susan Appel Photography My Blog
  • Options
    GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    Very nice, I love the creamy effect that IR gives to your people shots.

I think a lot of people are having the same read/unread problems with IE and so posts go through marked as read when they have not been.

I know I never saw this post before and I try really hard to read every one. I dont comment on them all but I read them all.
  • Options
    GREAPER wrote:
    Very nice, I love the creamy effect that IR gives to your people shots.

I think a lot of people are having the same read/unread problems with IE and so posts go through marked as read when they have not been.

I know I never saw this post before and I try really hard to read every one. I dont comment on them all but I read them all.

thanks greaps and snappy, and all.
  • Options
    chantal-francechantal-france Registered Users Posts: 5 Beginner grinner
    edited September 25, 2004
    Hello Andy,

Your shots are fabulous !!! I enjoyed them a lot.
    Are you a professional ?
    To me, who is a beginner in phography, it looks like.
    I don't know how you could get such color effect but the result is very nice.
    Thanks for the pleasure,
    Chantal
  • Options
    edited September 25, 2004
    thanks chantal
    Hello Andy,

Your shots are fabulous !!! I enjoyed them a lot.
    Are you a professional ?
    To me, who is a beginner in phography, it looks like.
    I don't know how you could get such color effect but the result is very nice.
    Thanks for the pleasure,
    Chantal

thanks chantal. infrared requires some special filters and techniques, there's loads of info in this thread

yes, i sell many of my prints. and i'm working on several different projects at the moment with my photographs.

thanks so much for stopping by, and the very kind words.

andy
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    edited September 26, 2004
    andy wrote:
    dan over at maxmax.com is great to work with. when you get it, let me kown and i'll hep you out if you need it.

btw - tell dan over at maxmax that i referred you, and "could he extend the same offer as other referrals by andy, a free xnite-cc1 color correction filter?"

you should also buy the xnite xdp filter - it lets some color in. i use it, or a hoya r72, as my ir filters of choice.

Whoops, missed your answer. 11doh.gif

It doesn't look like Dan at maxmax does a D60. I was planning to send the thing to IRDigital, as I saw a brief write up about their IR conversion. I'll check out maxmax.

I'm glad you mentioned the additional filter you use, I was meaning to ask you about that. I'm wondering if it's useful, with the kind of IR conversion that IRDigital does to a D60? headscratch.gif
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    sid - thought you were getting f717 for it?
    wxwax wrote:
    Whoops, missed your answer. 11doh.gif

It doesn't look like Dan at maxmax does a D60. I was planning to send the thing to IRDigital, as I saw a brief write up about their IR conversion. I'll check out maxmax.

I'm glad you mentioned the additional filter you use, I was meaning to ask you about that. I'm wondering if it's useful, with the kind of IR conversion that IRDigital does to a D60? headscratch.gif

used f717 from ebay + maxmax conversion? or am i dreaming?
  • Options
    ~Rachel~~Rachel~ Registered Users Posts: 9 Beginner grinner
    Wow I can not pick ONE I don't like, one that I like more then the other... beautiful job!!
    andy wrote:
    yesterday, i took my ir-modified sony 828 (*) out for a lunchtime walk in nyc's central park.

here's what i came up with: