Options

Challenge 22: Wind Power

aero-nutaero-nut Registered Users Posts: 693 Major grins
edited September 26, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
They just put this wind generator in about a month ago. Makes for quite a view in front of the lake.

8988496-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    dkappdkapp Registered Users Posts: 985 Major grins
    edited September 25, 2004
    That thing looks HUGE! Do people like it there, or was there some resistance when putting it next to the lake?

Now to the picture. The composition doesn't grab me. Maybe try re-shooting it w/ the windmill framed in different locations. Try to use the rule of 1/3. If your not familiar with the technique, let me know & I'll dig up a great link...hold on, I'll find it now. It's a good one :)

http://asp.photo.free.fr/Composition/photoProgramCompMainClass.shtml

This link has a lot of great tips for composition. It was a huge help when I was struggling a few months ago.

Have you tried shooting at lake level to get a great reflection?

Dave
  • Options
    edited September 25, 2004
    dkapp wrote:
    That thing looks HUGE! Do people like it there, or was there some resistance when putting it next to the lake?

Now to the picture. The composition doesn't grab me. Maybe try re-shooting it w/ the windmill framed in different locations. Try to use the rule of 1/3. If your not familiar with the technique, let me know & I'll dig up a great link...hold on, I'll find it now. It's a good one :)

http://asp.photo.free.fr/Composition/photoProgramCompMainClass.shtml

This link has a lot of great tips for composition. It was a huge help when I was struggling a few months ago.

Have you tried shooting at lake level to get a great reflection?

Dave
    Dave,

Doh! I keep forgetting about the rule of 1/3. :bash

I'll try to get down to the lake and take a lower shot. Thanks for the link and suggestions! I knew it was missing something when I took the shot, but couldn't figure out what it was.
  • Options
    edited September 26, 2004
    Ok, this is as close as I could get to the lake without the view being blocked. The wind was blowing too, so no reflection. umph.gif

9041064-M.jpg

So, I tried this one with no lake at all:

9041298-M.jpg

Ok, so the windmill thing isn't working out...:flush