Gallery Pricing not working?

CraisLoverCraisLover Registered Users Posts: 6 Beginner grinner
edited October 2, 2004 in SmugMug Support
Hi,
Whenever I've loaded up a group of photos and want to price them via the gallery button since they are all the same prices I've found that the Gallery button isn't working. The prices are still the smugmug price and not my professinal prices? Is there a problem with this feature? Please advise. I've already lost money on several sales (since I didn't check the prices before logging out). I really don't want to go in and individually price close to 100 photos?

Carla
aka
CraisLover:dunno

Comments

• mercphotomercphoto Registered Users Posts: 4,550 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2004
    Working
    CraisLover wrote:
    Hi,
    Whenever I've loaded up a group of photos and want to price them via the gallery button since they are all the same prices I've found that the Gallery button isn't working. The prices are still the smugmug price and not my professinal prices? Is there a problem with this feature? Please advise. I've already lost money on several sales (since I didn't check the prices before logging out). I really don't want to go in and individually price close to 100 photos.

I have a default portfolio price set, and a small number of galleries priced at different prices. I've just verified that those galleries are priced differently if I add to cart. Maybe a one-time hiccup? Are you saving your price changes after you enter them?
    Bill Jurasz - Mercury Photography - Cedar Park, TX
    A former sports shooter
    Follow me at: https://www.flickr.com/photos/bjurasz/
    My Etsy store: https://www.etsy.com/shop/mercphoto?ref=hdr_shop_menu
  • marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    CraisLover wrote:
    Hi,
    Whenever I've loaded up a group of photos and want to price them via the gallery button since they are all the same prices I've found that the Gallery button isn't working. The prices are still the smugmug price and not my professinal prices? Is there a problem with this feature? Please advise. I've already lost money on several sales (since I didn't check the prices before logging out). I really don't want to go in and individually price close to 100 photos?

Carla
    aka
    CraisLoverne_nau.gif
    Have you logged out and tried adding to cart? Recently, if you are logged in nd adding your own picture to the cart, it will check out at base price.
    Richard
  • BaldyBaldy Registered Users, Super Moderators Posts: 2,853 moderator
    CraisLover wrote:
    The prices are still the smugmug price and not my professional prices?
    HI Carla,

Ouch, we're sorry about this confusion. We had quite a few requests to have it work this way (when you're logged in you get to order prints at cost) but can see how confusing this must be. I'm going to make a big notice of it in the help section on setting pro prices and if anyone can think of other ways to make this clear, let me know.

Thanks,
    Baldy
  • marlinspikemarlinspike Registered Users Posts: 2,095 Major grins
    Baldy wrote:
    HI Carla,

Ouch, we're sorry about this confusion. We had quite a few requests to have it work this way (when you're logged in you get to order prints at cost) but can see how confusing this must be. I'm going to make a big notice of it in the help section on setting pro prices and if anyone can think of other ways to make this clear, let me know.

Thanks,
    Baldy
    At the top of the price setting page (so that people see it when it's on their mind), put something like "To check custom pricing log out"
    Richard
  • caseservecaseserve Registered Users Posts: 269 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2004
    Show pricing
    Is there a way to show pricing to the customer prior to adding to the cart? Also can you limit what is to be purchased, lets say to only 1 size i.e. 8x10 only
  • GREAPERGREAPER Registered Users Posts: 3,113 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2004
    To limit the size of print to one size or group of sizes, put 0 (zero) in for the price of all of the other (not available) sizes and it will not show putchasing those sizes as an option.