Options

*Challenge 22: Towards and away

johnnydangerjohnnydanger Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
edited September 28, 2004 in The Dgrin Challenges
Jogging alone, two people in contrast meet for a split second and then continue on their own unique paths.

alonetogether.jpg
Some people are like Slinkies... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.

Comments

• Options
    ishish Registered Users Posts: 70 Big grins
    edited September 28, 2004
    well, for starters, what camera are you using? THIS is the types of results I want from my camera in terms of sharpness and clarity. I love the quality of this photo.

Now moving on to the theme and composition, I like the concept. It would be even better if it was just the two runners. The others in the background distract from the overall feel.

That being said, it is quality. Also, it tells me you are capable of maybe even something one notch above this.

But what do I know, am completely new to this, just a perspective I guess.

:)
  • Options
    johnnydangerjohnnydanger Registered Users Posts: 51 Big grins
    edited September 28, 2004
    I shoot with a Canon 10D digital SLR and some nice 'L' lenses. You could get quite acceptable results with something a little more affordable than the primo 'L' glass and the 10D or 20D body though, such as a Canon 28-135mm IS lense (around $400) with a Canon Digital Rebel.

Thanks for the comments. I do agree with you, the people in the background do cloud the focal point a bit, but I just couldn't pass up the runners one in green the other in red, one going one way one going the other, one male one female. Oh well, luck of the draw. I'm still looking for 'the' shot, though I like it this is hopefully just a stepping stone to my perfect image.
    Some people are like Slinkies... not really good for anything, but you still can't help but smile when you see one tumble down the stairs.