Options

Fist post.. some candids of my girls..

BonesBones Registered Users Posts: 3 Beginner grinner
edited September 29, 2004 in People
Hiya, first time poster looking for some feedback and comments..

here are a couple of my first candids from my new D70. I was at my fathers hanging out on the porch watching the kids do what they do.. I had my camera and was just snapping away having fun watching them.. here's what I saw:

7999167-M.jpg

and:

7999173-M.jpg

Comments

• Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    edited September 28, 2004
    Bones wrote:

here are a couple of my first candids from my new D70. I was at my fathers hanging out on the porch watching the kids do what they do.. I had my camera and was just snapping away having fun watching them.. here's what I saw:

and:
    Welcome Bones!!wave.gif Great to have you aboard! I love the first shot of the little girl.. I like the second one too but find the background to her left distracting. What settings were you using.. do you happen to remember?
    There are many experts here if you ever need any help and they are a nice bunch.
    Lynn
  • Options
    digismiledigismile Registered Users Posts: 955 Major grins
    Bones wrote:

7999167-S.jpg

I love the colour and crop on this photo! Nice jobthumb.gif
    Brad
  • Options
    sandejainsandejain Registered Users Posts: 2 Beginner grinner
    Bones wrote:

7999167-M.jpg

This picture is just amazing!!!!

Good job!

-Sandeep
  • Options
    tmlphototmlphoto Registered Users Posts: 1,444 Major grins
    Hey Bones, Welcome. I really like the first one. I agree with Lynn about the second one. Looks like you need open up the f stop some to limit the depth of field a little more. Lynn could tell you how to blur out the background with some software tricks if you have any post processing software available.
    Thomas :D

TML Photography
    tmlphoto.com
  • Options
    Thanks for the replies :)

Ok, I'm an idiot.. lol.. I just realized I posted in the wrong forum! Would it be possible for a moderator to move this post? I can repost as well.

As for settings on the first picture:
    Shot in Aperature priority mode
    F5.6
    1/100s
    focal length 300mm (using 70-300D)

There is no Post processing, no cropping.. nothing, straight from .nef to .jpg and on the web. I wish I could capture images like that all the time!

I agree with the 2nd picture, the wicker chair is kind of distracting, but she was so cute with that rootbeer bottle, I just took the pics as they presented themselves. I cropped that image quite a bit, and did some color correction.

I'd be very interested to hear about some hints for bluring the background or making the images better in general.

I do have photo software, I use Photoshop CS at the moment.

Thanks again for your feedback, I'm very happy with that image and it's given me something to shoot for.. to be able to take shots like that every day! =P
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    bones
    Bones wrote:
    Thanks for the replies :)

Ok, I'm an idiot.. lol.. I just realized I posted in the wrong forum! Would it be possible for a moderator to move this post? I can repost as well.

i moved ya.

is this the famous brandon bones?

wave.gif
  • Options
    edited September 29, 2004
    Thanks for moving me Andy :)

Also, thank you for the warm welcome.. much appreciated.

lol.. nope, nothing famous about me.. just a name I had been given cause I'm 6'8" tall and been using it as my nickname when playing online games. :)
  • Options
    wxwaxwxwax Registered Users Posts: 15,471 Major grins
    wave.gif hiay, bones. I actually prefer the second shot, I think it's a great moment. Instead of blurring the background, you can play with the Cletus Method to highlight the good stuff, and darken the distracting stuff.
    Sid.
    Catapultam habeo. Nisi pecuniam omnem mihi dabis, ad caput tuum saxum immane mittam
    http://www.mcneel.com/users/jb/foghorn/ill_shut_up.au
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    wxwax wrote:
    wave.gif hiay, bones. I actually prefer the second shot, I think it's a great moment. Instead of blurring the background, you can play with the Cletus Method to highlight the good stuff, and darken the distracting stuff.
    SID!!!! WHATS HAPPENING TO YOU??? YOU KEEP SAYING BRILLIANT THINGS!!

(how do you spell brilliant anyway)

clap.gifclap.gif

no wait.. sorry it was Path before... I keep forgetting that..(I'm getting punchy)