Options

RAW:CSv uploading, opening

ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
edited September 29, 2004 in Finishing School
It is sooooooooo easy. I have in my hand two pages of printed directions that I got from the help menu on CS. They scared me, I couldn't understand them, didn't use CS the first few I opened, as it just looked too complicated.

When I got to CS, I tried it there, without looking at instructions. It is very easy, no special knowledge. Somewhere it says RAW and you just run with it.
Once I got there, things like temperature and stuff, that kind of puzzles me, and I am not sure I want to mess with it myself, which lights I shot under.
There are settings I could know better. And I could open a book, too, or post on 101 to Andy.

But the basics, opening the file, saving it as is and as a jpeg: piece of cake.
Not knowing the other stuff, I could push sliders, get praise from my professor, maybe too much knowledge could mess me up, lol.

I thought that might help someone else who is looking at complicated instructions. Maybe they are for the experts????? I don't understand them well enough to know.

ginger
After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.

Comments

• Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited September 27, 2004
    good
    glad you are getting the files opened.

now, you should start practicing with the white balance. it's a feel thing. you can manually adjust by using the color temp slider, or you can choose one of the presets from the drop down menu.

wb and exposure - the biggies in raw. you should also play with the exposure slider - careful not to bring it up too much - watch the histo in the raw converter there

and voila - you're getting the power of raw! clap.gifclap.gif

the raw tutorial is here
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited September 29, 2004
    Thanks, Andy. I printed it out the other day, and I filed it this AM. Am going to have to have file headings soon, so much valuable information.

ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.