Wind stripped trees

gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
edited October 1, 2004 in Wildlife
9173448-L.jpg

9209958-L.jpg

comments welcome

Comments

• Options
    Head in the CloudsHead in the Clouds Registered Users Posts: 376 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2004
    gubbs wrote:
    9173448-L.jpg

9209958-L.jpg

comments welcome
    Love the second one! reminicent of 'joshua trees' in africa. 1st one makes me dizzy.
    PS: thanks for your help with getting my photos attached !

Canon EOS 30D
    Sigma 10-20
    Canon 75-300 f4-5.6
    Canon 18-55
    Canon 50 f1.8
    Canon 430EX
  • Options
    R&RR&R Registered Users Posts: 45 Big grins
    I like your first shot. It is so different and it takes a second or two to figure out the angle you were taking it at. It does make you a little dizzy as well. eek7.gif I like it. Not the dizzy part the picture.:D

Rich
  • Options
    pathfinderpathfinder Super Moderators Posts: 14,697 moderator
    R&R wrote:
    I like your first shot. It is so different and it takes a second or two to figure out the angle you were taking it at. It does make you a little dizzy as well. eek7.gif I like it. Not the dizzy part the picture.:D

Rich
    I like the first one - generally I do not like slanted horizons, but this one was slanted for a reason - to emphasize the wind blown trees and I think it works very well. Jolly Good show!
    Pathfinder - www.pathfinder.smugmug.com

Moderator of the Technique Forum and Finishing School on Dgrin
  • Options
    lynnmalynnma Registered Users, Retired Mod Posts: 5,207 Major grins
    Yes I agree with Path.. I like the angle and the barren feel of it..,thumb.gif
  • Options
    ThwackThwack Registered Users Posts: 487 Major grins
    Why was the second one left in color but the first one changed to black & white? Are they both from essentially the same field (just different parts of it)?

I'm not criticizing, I'm just curious what the logic was that you used here.

I grabbed a copy of the 2nd pic, tossed it into iPhoto, duped it, turned the dupe into b&w, double clicked it (to get it displayed in iPhoto's edit mode), then toggled back and forth between the two versions using the left and right arrow keys on the keyboard.

I like the sky better without the blue shining through (darkens the mood a bit) but I like the tiny bit of color from the grass.
  • Options
    gubbsgubbs Registered Users Posts: 3,166 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2004
    Thanks everyone, I'm glad that you realised the angle was to emphasize the wind, that means it worked I guess :D

Thwack, I don't know really, I immediately thought bw for the first one, but it didn't occur to me to to try it on the second, I like that bit of blue too