9218089-O.jpg

Comments

• Options
    miketaylor01miketaylor01 Registered Users Posts: 318 Major grins
    edited September 30, 2004
    Travel Much?
    Beautiful shot..thumb.gif

You get to all over huh. NY, San Fran.

Was this shot for a project or did you just happen to visit the Golden Gate?
    Mike

Sigma SD9, SD14, and DP1
    http://miketaylor.giph.com
  • Options
    shootershooter Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited September 30, 2004
    Wow! I'm wondering what your exposure was? Did you meter on the towers? When I try somthing like this, I would lose the light on the water, or the individual lights on the bridge. Is any of this PS? Beutiful shot!
    andy wrote:
    9218089-O.jpg
  • Options
    AndyAndy Registered Users Posts: 50,016 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2004
    thank you mike l..
    Beautiful shot..thumb.gif

You get to all over huh. NY, San Fran.

Was this shot for a project or did you just happen to visit the Golden Gate?

this was just for fun :D
  • Options
    SamSam Registered Users Posts: 7,419 Major grins
    edited October 1, 2004
    andy wrote:
    9218089-O.jpg
    Nice photo. I would never have thought of going at night.

Sam
  • Options
    edited October 2, 2004
    re: exposure, for shooter
    shooter wrote:
    Wow! I'm wondering what your exposure was? Did you meter on the towers? When I try somthing like this, I would lose the light on the water, or the individual lights on the bridge. Is any of this PS? Beutiful shot!

i start at f/4, and 3-4 seconds. then i go up from there. this one was 10 seconds, and i always use negative ec so that i don't overblow the lights on the long exposure

cheers,

andy
  • Options
    ginger_55ginger_55 Registered Users Posts: 8,416 Major grins
    edited October 2, 2004
    andy wrote:
    i start at f/4, and 3-4 seconds. then i go up from there. this one was 10 seconds, and i always use negative ec so that i don't overblow the lights on the long exposure

cheers,

andy
    I am going to make a list of things I need to remember. I will say it is better to forget to change the EC from normal than to shoot at 10 AM with an ISO of 1600.

I have on my list now, AV priority, ISO, EC and WB

Tripod would be good, but no use last night. I move a lot, a mile with a tripod, well I don't even carry a purse.

Nice bridge, did think about fishermen last night, but I have snuck pictures of that guy so much, he is overexposed on my camera (play on words).
    It is fun choosing the places, the beach is overdone, but I like it there, and I was checking on something. I didn't expect it to get dark like that. I was shooting RAW, there were no lights to blow out, and the shots just got darker, without shutter compensation, as the night got darker.

Did you see my thread on "It is just like a man"? (On People, etc. thread) I still giggle over it. I didn't care: if they are moving, it might be camera worthy, so I didn't know what I had til I got to the restaurant. Laughed so hard they must have thought I was nuts. It was getting too scary to check for good/bad photos, so I just didn't notice.

Scary,
    ginger
    After all is said and done, it is the sweet tea.
  • Options
    edited October 2, 2004
    sam
    Sam wrote:
    Nice photo. I would never have thought of going at night.

Sam

thanks, sam!
  • Options
    shootershooter Registered Users Posts: 33 Big grins
    edited October 2, 2004
    Thanks Andy. I have a spot in mind to try this. I've never done long exposures so I'm looking forward to experimenting. I'll post the results!
    andy wrote:

cheers,

andy